Chapter 84

"This is ridiculous!" Elle cried out as Professor Umbridge slammed her large textbook down on her desk, causing a thud.

"I don't care what you think about the matter, you wearing your skirt above your knees is despicable and you are, purposely, distracting the boys from their education!" Professor Umbridge yelled back as Elle rolled her eyes in response, "Detention, tonight at 8 PM. You're dismissed."

Elle quickly turned around and stomped out of the room, sick of living by the delusions Umbridge enforced. Fred and Luke waited outside the classroom for her, looking at her with surprise as she stormed out of the classroom with anger written across her face.

"What did she want?" Fred asked, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as the three started walking to lunch.

"She gave me detention!" Elle said, throwing her hands up out of frustration.

"For what?" Luke asked, "For wearing a skirt above my knees, said I was distracting the boys from their education."

"That's ridiculous!" Fred said as she nodded, "I know, that's what I said."

"To be fair though, you in this skirt does distract me from some things." Fred flirted with a small laugh as Elle rolled her eyes and tried to shove him away, which only made him pull her closer and run his hands down the side of her skirt.

"Repulsing, both of you." Luke teased with a shake of the head before opening the door for the three of them to enter the great hall.

"You'll be okay with one detention Ellie." Fred tried to soothe her as she shrugged her shoulders, "I know I will, but it's for a ridiculous reason."

The three sat down across from Lee and George who had already started eating their lunches.

"Guess who has a detention? Hint, it isn't me this time." Fred teased as the two boys across from them turned to look at Luke as he grinned, shaking his head, "Not me either."

"Ellie? What did you do?" Lee asked as Elle rolled her eyes, "Apparently I'm distracting boys from their education."

"With your charm and good looks?" George teased as she sent him a glare before Fred answered, "Sorta, yeah. She said her skirt was too short."

"Which is such bullshit because these are the standard skirts. I didn't modify them at all so why am I being picked on? Because I have longer legs? That's not my fault." Elle continued to rant as Fred tried stifling his laugh at how worked up she had gotten over one detention when he and George are used to four a week.

Fred pulled his girlfriend into his side as he hid his laughter into a kiss in her hair before telling her again that she would be fine.

"That's not the point Fred. You guys don't get it. I'm going to find Olivia or Gigi, they will understand." Elle muttered out, slinking out from between Luke and Fred before storming off.

Fred sighed, "Should I go after her?"

"I wouldn't." Luke quickly said, "Not now at least, let her rant to one of the girls or Jackson first."

"Jackson?" George questioned as Luke nodded, "He gets her really well, even over girl stuff that we don't."

"How?"

"I'm not sure, maybe it's like a sibling thing." Luke shrugged.

"Or maybe he listens to her better than we do and doesn't belittle stuff that upsets her." Lee suggested with a shrug as Fred kicked him under the table, "I do not belittle her stuff."

"You do sometimes. Like just now, she was upset and you could have addressed her concerns and instead, you brushed them off saying she would be fine." George pointed out as Fred sighed.