Chapter 76

Weeks had passed since the group's fire where Gigi's confession had come out as well as Cedric's birthday and Elle could truly say she was doing better. The loss of a loved one was still hard for her to come to grasp, but she understood the importance of not letting how sad she felt hang over her like a cloud, and instead trying to find herself again.

She now sat with Jackson in the garden, both sprawled out on the daybed outside as they tried to soak in the sun.

"Do you know what I was thinking about this morning?" Elle asked as Jackson chuckled, "Do I want to know?"

Elle smacked his arm in retort before continuing, "You never told me how you and Jackson got together like actually got together. When Fred and I found out, it was kind of a shit show and we didnt have time to talk about it." Jackson let out a groan at this, "Are we really going to talk about our feelings?"

"Yes, now tell me, give me the full story I don't want you to miss any details." Elle grinned, rolling over so she laid on her stomach, watching Jackson intently.

"Fine... it all started over summer last year."

Flashback to the end of summer, 1993

After a long summer for Jackson, he laid out in the hammock in the Mackin Manor's backyard, going over the thing that has clouded his mind since his heart fluttered slightly differently. George Weasley. The two had spent a lot of time together, starting off with just group hangouts with Fred and Elle as those two were the boy's best friends, but as the couple started spending more time on their own, George and Jackson found themselves bored, and each other around more and more.

The crush started with subtle looks or small touches from George that made his heart flutter, and then Jackson couldn't sleep anymore. The thought of him having a crush on George, who was supposed to be his friend, clouded his brain. He was exhausted from not sleeping. George was on his mind seemingly all the time.

He hated the fact that he liked George as he knew there was nowhere it could go. George was straight and seemingly loved to flirt and hook up with girls. As a friend of the redheads, Jackson had seen George interact with girls, and how he was so sly, seemingly able to get any girl he wanted.

Jackson hated the fact that he wasn't straight either... he saw it as another thing that worked against him. First, he came from a death eater family, and now he would have to face the feelings he had straight on with everyone's judgment surrounding him.

There was a split second in the summer when Jackson thought George could have been into him. The two were laying in the large field at the burrow after playing a lengthy game of quidditch before collapsing onto the ground next to each other. The two laid in silence as their hands accidentally touched, and George reached over to grab Jackson's hand ever so lightly as the two faced to look at each other, their noses practically touching by how close they were.

"I really care about you, y'know. You're my best friend." George told him as Jackson nodded, "You're my best friend too."

And for a split second, Jackson thought George was going to kiss him... and who knows, maybe he would have... but Ron's voice rang out from the burrow, calling for the boys to come in for dinner, startling the two boys as they separated quickly, obviously being interrupted. George let out a small, awkward cough before standing, "We should probably go in."

"Yeah, yeah we should."

And that was the start of it. From there, they never spoke of their feelings but the touches increased, from hugging more frequently, to longing stares into each other's eyes that neither of them were ready to talk about, especially when they caught the eyes of each other in large groups. The two had gotten together one time, getting drunk and finally kissing for the first time, causing them to hook up many times in the summer but never talking about it the next day. Even having Ben and Mary walk-in during one of their makeout sessions, sweating they wouldn't say anything as the two boys claimed they were just friends.