Chapter 47

After a long night in the hospital, waiting to hear anything from the healers, Elle fell asleep with her head resting on Nathan's shoulder. She awoke hearing her brother talking beside her, as the movement from his chest moved her head enough to startle her.

"And that's it? That's all they know?" Elle heard Nathan ask as she opened her eyes to see her Mum nod.

"What's going on?" Elle sleepily mumbled out.

"Dad is still unstable... they are trying to wake him up." Nathan told her as she slowly nodded, unsure what to even say.

"Mum? Are you okay?" Elle asked as Mary nodded, reaching over to give Elles hand a tight squeeze.

"I'm better now, sorry about yesterday, love." Mary apologized.

"Mum, don't apologize, yesterday was rough." Elle said before turning to Jackson to see him still passed out.

"How long has he been sleeping for?" Elle asked Remus who sat on the other side of him.

"Not long, he was up most of the night." Remus told her as she spotted Fred walking towards her down the hall.

She quickly stood up, walking towards him as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, tugging her into his chest as he cradled her in his arms.

"Hi love..." Fred trailed out.

"Hi Freddie..." Elle whispered out as she laid her head against his chest.

"How's your Dad?" Fred asked as she lightly shrugged.

"He's the same... still unstable but they are trying their best." Elle quietly told him as he nodded.

"What're you doing? How's Arthur?" Elle asked him as he shrugged.

"He's doing good... he gets released today to rest at home."

"That's good." Elle nodded, still in his embrace.

"Yeah... my Mum wants me to go home with them, do you need me to stay?" Fred asked as she shook her head.

"No Freddie, go home and enjoy time with your Dad, we are fine here." Elle told him, leaning up to plant a soft kiss on his lips.

"Okay, I'll come by and see you in a bit anyway. Do you want me to grab you a coffee?" Fred asked.

"You don't have to Fred, I am fine." Elle said as he only nodded, pulling away from the hug before planting a kiss on her lips.

"I'll see you later. I love you." Fred said as she gave him a small smile back.

"I love you too." Elle said before turning around to go sit with her family again, resting her head on Jackson who was still asleep.

A few minutes after Elle shut her eyes, she heard Fred lightly call her name as she opened her eyes to see him standing there with George and six coffees.

"You guys shouldn't have..." Elle whispered out, walking over to the two.

"We wanted to be nice, come here." George smiled at her, bringing her in for a hug.

"Thanks guys..." Elle murmured out as she turned to see Jackson was still asleep.

"Do you want me to wake him?" Elle asked George as he shook his head.

"No, I know he didn't get a lot of sleep, just tell him I was here and I will be back later." George told her as she nodded, watching Fred pass out the coffees to Nathan, Chris, Mary, and Remus.

"Here's yours love, and I'll give you Jacksons for when he wakes up." Fred told her as she nodded, placing the two coffees down.

"I'll see you both later, love yous." Elle smiled at the twins, giving them each a hug before sitting down trying to get more rest.