Chapter 79

Every school day this week, Elle had argued with Umbridge during class. She had got sent into the hall numerous times, separated from working with her friends and the Professor had even started to bully her in the halls, always having something negative to say about the blonde. This drove Elle crazy.

Elle was the kind of girl who usually loved school and going to classes, but the newest defence against the dark arts professor had ruined that for her. Especially tonight.

Elle and Harry had got detention together and were introduced to Umbridge's cruel and unusual punishment, and after an hour of hell, they were done. Professor Umbridge dismissed the two as Elle ran out, holding her bleeding hand and her tears in as she heard Harry coming after her.

"Elle, wait!" Harry called after her as she whipped around in the hallway, "I'm sorry Harry it just really hurts and won't stop bleeding. I need to go to my room and heal before I go to Dumbledore about what she did-"

"Elle you cant go to Dumbledore." Harry deadpanned as she sent him a questioning look, "Why not?"

"Look, I know it may not be ideal but no one believes me about Voldemort and what happened to Cedric, and if you start calling Umbridge out too, they won't believe either of us. I already get harassed by the students, you don't need to as well. If we go to Dumbledore now, nothing will happen except she will get the satisfaction of thinking we are too weak and she knows no one will ever believe us... we have to wait it out." Harry huffed out as Elle slowly nodded, "Okay, I trust you... and I believe you."

"What?"

"I believe you about Cedric."

"I know you do... thank you." Harry nodded before giving her another half smile and turning to walk towards the Gryffindor tower as she did the same to her living quarters.

She entered her room to see Fred sprawled out on her bed with a pencil in hand as he peered down at his notebook, immediately discarding it when he saw her enter.

"Hey baby, I've been waiting for you-" Fred paused as he stood to face her and saw the look of distress on her face as she held her hand.

"What's wrong?" Fred was quick to ask, "Not only is she ruining my life by giving me detentions and ruining my record but she is also cruel!" Elle cried out, holding her hand up for Fred to see.

Fred's mouth dropped open as he walked towards her, gently cradling her hand in both of his to look at it better, "Im going to kill her-"

"No Fred, you cant. Can you please just try to heal it?" Elle whined out, a few tears escaping as Fred's anger washed away into sadness at his girlfriend before him as he nodded, "Yeah, yeah, of course, come here." Fred pulled her so she could sit on her bed as he reached for his wand, doing a quick healing spell before sitting next to her, pulling her into his arms as she let out a sigh.

"We can't let her win. Harry and I agreed we can't tell anyone, not that they would believe us anyway. The ministry is running the school." Elle huffed out as Fred nodded in support.

"I get it, but Im telling you now Ellie, you have to stay out of her way. No more arguing, no more talking back. Become the perfect student that she can't argue with. I can't stand to see you get hurt and this time, I won't do anything, but next time, I will smile in my mugshot for Azkaban." Fred spoke seriously to her as she nodded, "Okay, I promise. Im done fighting."

"We know the truth and if she wants to believe her bullshit, let her. It's not worth you getting hurt."

"Okay, I agree." Elle said, laying back in her bed as Fred anxiously fidgeted, "What is it now?"

"Did you see the Daily Prophet today?" He blurted out as she shook her head, "No, not yet. I've been rather occupied." Elle tried to joke as she looked at her hand that had healed like a scab, "What did it say?"