My Escape Plan Goes Down The Drain

CHAPTER ONE

[trigger warning : panic attack]

Cold.

Utter freezing cold.

I snap open my eyes taking a huge gasp of breath. Everything is blurry. Everything is tilted. My head hurt. My body is aching. My ears are ringing. I push myself up and try to look around. Everything is still blurry. I rapidly blink my eyes.

Slowly my vision sharpens. I am in a metal box.

How did I reach here?  I don't have the answer to. 

 Where was I?  I don't know.

The metal box suddenly lurches and begins to move. Upwards. Horrifically fast, like an elevator.    I look up, feeling my throat close up. Faint light of the elevator gives me enough light to see what was surrounds me.

What is happening? 

My chest begins to tighten and a scream bubbles up my throat. I open my mouth to scream but I could only croak.

Nothing around me could help me. A few blankets, a few crates staked on top of the other. All of them had something stamped on top of them, but I can't read while the elevator moved so fast.

I try to claw through the boxes, hoping for a weapon or something sharp, till my fingernails begin to bleed. WICKED, the boxes said.  What is that? Why does it seem so familiar?

I push one of the crates against the elevator and it breaks a little. I pry it open, grunting, forgetting about the blood and splinters that got stuck in my finger. I rummage through the cans, hoping to find something sharp. Suddenly a something sharp nicks my palm and I squint in the dark to see what it is.

A knife. I grab it and holds it tightly, as if my life is dependent on it.  Maybe it is.

I scramble back and my back hit the wall of the elevator.

Who took me here? What is happening? Where am I? Why can't I remember my name?

It was hard to breath. I try to take deep breaths but I keep wheezing. My chest hurt. Breathing is hard. Really hard, as if I'd just ran a marathon. Panic attack, the word pops into my mind.

My throat is getting more constricted by each passing second.

I'm gonna faint.

 Somehow I know that I have to think of something good now, fast.

I try to thinkMy mom.

My stomach lurches as I feel it drop, and I feel nauseous.

I don't remember her. Neither my dad. Or my siblings, my school, friends, house. Anything. My name?Why the hell I don't remember anything?!