Grivers Into The Glade

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

ADELAIDE

My heart is beating so horrifically fast that I can hear is buzzing in my ears. My palms are clammy and are shaking.Everyone is shouting, but all that I can hear is muffled noise. Everything is in chaos. I am taking shaky breaths, my chest tightening by every second. I can't think straight, my brain is getting fuzzy.

This can't be happening. This shouldn't happen? Why is this happening? I can't. I can't-

It is getting harder to breath. My chest is feeling constricted, as if I've just ran a marathon.

"ADDIE!"

I snap out and see Newt shaking me by my shoulders.

"Get a grip on yourself. Breath in. Breath in." He says, panic evident in his voice.

"They...they're.." I stammer.

"I know." He rubs my shoulders soothingly. "I want you to grab you weapon and get Chuck and Teresa and stay in the Homestead."

"No! What about you? Minho? Stan?" I whisper, clutching him by his wrist.

And Thomas too. I can't let him die. He is a crazy but helpful guy.

"We'll be okay. We need to save ourselves." His chocolate brown eyes meets my amber brown ones.

I feel someone tug my hand.

Chuck.

His face is full of fear and terror. His rustic brown eyes are wide in fear and is on me with expectancy. Chuck hands my bow and quiver back to me and I strap the quiver on my shoulder.

I slip my fingers into Newt's palm, the one not holding the spear and lean forward to him, whispering in his ear to be safe. He nods, kissing me.

I grab Chuck's hand and run towards the homestead, trailing behind Teresa as the boys stay behind, waiting for the Grievers. 

Teresa holds the door for us as we sprint in, many boys following us. Stan stands beside me, clutching my hand tightly. The Grivers thrash around, trying to get inside the Glade and some boys are throwing their spears and knives, daggers in them.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Four?!

What the actual fuck? Four Grivers?!

The boys now scatter away, the Griever following them. Some get clawed by them, some get shoved by them. Suddenly, the crops blasts with fire.

I scan for Newt.

I see Thomas and Newt run towards the rice crops among few others, a Griver following closely behind.