Great Minds Thinks Alike

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

ADELAIDE

I walk around the Glade searching for the tall, wavy haired brunette with whiskey brown eyes. I know that yesterday I could have easily asked Thomas about his hesitation to know the coma girl in front of Newt then and there but I needed to get him trust me, and ratting him out would be the last thing I would do.

I have seen him in my memories. And I know that he is important to Creators. He always had this authority in my memories that would only be possible if he is important to the Creators or if he is on the inner circle.

Though I like the boy, I still haven't decided if I trust him or not. He could be one of the Creators. Or he might be one of the pawns of the Creators.

The only thing that bugs me is, if Thomas is that important for the Creators, then why did they send him up here?

I slip open my shoes and dangle them over my shoulder by their laces as I walk barefoot on the grass. The damp blades of grass tickles my feet as I walk on them, my toes curling in satisfaction. One thing that I'm happy to know about my past life is that I loved nature.

I love to walk barefoot on grasses. I love to stay on my tree for hours together. Deadheads and gardens gave me a sense of peace and euphoria. At the time of distress and whenever I needed solitude, I often turn up to the nature's blossom. The nature always gave me a kind of assurance and support. Don't know how, but I always feel contended when I'm in the greens. And even Newt smells of damp mud.

I nearly walk the whole Glade in search of Thomas before I spot him by the furthest edge of the Deadheads. Knees tucked against his chest, he appears to be in deep thought.

I slowly approach him, and purposely make notice while walking towards him to indicate him of my presence. He looks up and smiles faintly at me.

I sit down beside him.

"When you are thinking, you should go to the greener parts of the Deadheads."

"You do that?"

"Most of the time. Helps me immensely."

He nods, "Perhaps you are here to ask me about yesterday."

I shrug, "That is definitely on my agenda today but, I would wait until your head is clear."

"I-I just don't know why are we all here. First I thought it was a kind of a prison, but then we all are so young. What crimes can we possibly commit?"

"Jinx."

"Then a lot of things about this place doesn't make sense. Like how on earth these walls work. Defies the science. And the Grievers? What is that?" He grimaces.