Another One Bites The Dust

CHAPTER FOUR

ADELAIDE

As the evening dawned, I find myself leaning out of the sole window of Newt's room, as my fingers worked through the knots in my ridiculously frizzy hair.

The boys had stopped working earlier than usual, and now they are preparing for the boys bonfire. Some were stacking hays in a bundle at the center of the Glade and some are bringing out tables from the dining hall. Frypan and the cooks are especially busy today, preparing the feast as they seem to call it.

And there is also a special drink made by Gally, as explained by Minho. Apparently, without it, the bonfire is incomplete and that only tough shanks can drink it and then it makes you feel heavenly, whatever Minho meant by that.

At first I was skeptical about this whole celebration. I mean, like why, would one want to celebrate coming this hellhole, as Newt likes to call it, but then I saw the meaning.

The bonfire is not just a celebration of a newbie to the Glade, which would allow the Greenie to make new friends, it also allows these boys to take a breather from this horrid life and loosen up a little. I've seen the boys; they work hard. No matter how much horrible situation we live in, everyone needs a little fun time.

Soon, it was time for the bonfire to start and Newt knocks on my door.

"Ready?" he says leaning on the door frame.

"Lets get this over with," I mumble, taking in a huge breath, tying my hair into a bun.

"Hey, don't be such a pamplepuss. Lighten up!"

"You're a pamplepuss." I weakly protest.

I close the door on my way out and follow Newt.

I was lost in my own thoughts when Newt suddenly stops midway. I narrowly avoid crashing into him. He turns towards me and tilts his head slightly.

"What?" I ask. I smile internally at his little head tilt that makes him look cuter.

"You're are one of the reclusive people." He states.

"N-No I'm not." I cross my hands in front of my chest.

"Yes, you are. And it's okay. You know what? If you want, I can stay with you the whole time." I blink in shock as I blush slightly.

"You-You'll stay with me?"

"Yeah. I know that you are comfortable with me. And I will stay with you the whole time. And I can also introduce you to the others. How does that sound?"

"Sounds pretty boring." I deadpan.

"Hey!" Newt scoffs, "I wasn't a bore to you this morning when you begged me to do the Tour. Illegal, I might add."