The Griver Killer Is Currently Off-Duty

CHAPTER FIFTY

CHAPTER FIFTY

ADELAIDE

I and Minho were hanging out in the Deadheads for a couple of hours. I had told him everything about me- by everything means every single thing and all Minho had done is hug me real tight. We were gossiping about various Gladers when a very faint whirring and clicking and faint screams rang through my ears. I quickly jump up, Minho following me. I curse loudly when I remember that I don't have my bow and arrow.

Minho grabs my hand and rushes out of the Deadheads, towards the Homestead. The Grievers have just entered the Glade and the boys have just started to lit the fire defenses. One of the Grievers screeches as it charges behind us. Newt, from the Homestead, screams at us to run faster.

This is a total deja vu.

"Fuck it! Why do you always get into these kind of situation!" Minho yells at me as he pulls me harder.

Suddenly an arrow whistles past my head. The Griever screeches. I focus around to see Chuck in front of the gate now, fishing out a bow from his quiver.

"That's my baby!" I yell as I sprint harder, now pulling Minho with me.

Chuck shoots another arrow and I can hear that it hits it's mark. I dive in through the door, and tumble down the floor and Minho falls on me. He immediately moves up, pulling me up with him.

Chuck rushes to me. "Are you okay?" I hug him tightly and shower him with kisses, "Duckie, you-you saved my life. I love you."

"I love you too, Ally." He chuckles.

We sit tightly, not daring to make any noise. Newt is clutching my hand tightly and I am holding onto Chuck who has his bow and arrow ready. My bow and arrow are in the room just above me, but the floorboards are so rickety that if I dare to move now, we will be Grievers' food.

I can feel myself trembling slightly as I can see the shadow of Griever from the slight gap below the door. Thomas is gripping onto Teresa who clings onto him, his shirt in her fist. Minho pulls Frypan a step back from the door.

We have surrounded all the hiding spots with fire, knowing every single living being feared fire and we can clearly hear how the Grievers weren't happy. They are shooting back as fire burned their skin. Their gooey skin acts as fuel. They screech in terror and anger.

That made my sadistic ass happy.

"Good idea, Adelaide." Fry whispers.

"That was her idea?" Minho whispers in shock.

"My brain starts working where yours stop." Panic makes me over-sarcastic.

"Stop it, you two!" Newt hisses at us, "Do your roasting session when they are gone."