Showers Are The Best Place To Cry

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

ADELAIDE

"Florencia, I want you to listen to me carefully." A woman, in her mid-thirties crouched before a  brunet girl with a round face and bright mocha brown eyes and moved a strand of hair off her face. She scanned her, as if taking the sight of her and trying to forever store it in her memory.

"Mommy?" the little girl whimpered, looking around me in a scared way. Everything was in chaos. Everyone was crying, shouting.

The woman held her chin delicately and pulled her to face her.

"Flo, it's important. Listen carefully. These people are trying to find a cure. They said that they needed superheroes like you to help them. So you're gonna have to stay with them for a while, help them to find a cure."

The girl somehow knew what was going to happen. I , as a third person didn't know what, but I certainly didn't want it to happen.

"Please mommy, I can't leave you. I will help them, but I want you to stay with me." she cried, clutching the woman's sleeve, tighter.

The woman also started to cry. Her leafy green eyes filled with images tears as she struggled to keep a comforting smile on her face.

"Baby, I can't. You know why. I'm sick and I gotta stay away from you all. I can't get you infected."

The noise around the mother and daughter got louder.

"Mommy, I can't loose you. Please don't let them take me! You know I'm not gonna get infected." the little girl wailed now, tears streaming down her eyes.

"Flo, you're the superhero. You need to save the Earth. You need to make sure that no more people would suffer like your daddy did. I know you can save us. I know you are so smart. Can you do that for me?"

Florencia hugged her and locked her arms around her neck. Even if she wanted to pry herself away from her, Florencia wouldn't let go of her.

" I don't want to be a superhero, I want you!" she buried her face in her mother's shoulder. The mother hugged her daughter back so tightly that they could just fuse into one another..

The screams got louder and louder and suddenly people started pushing each other. Someone grabbed the little girl by her waist and pulled her away from her mommy.

"Mommy! No! No! Mommy!" she screamed as she tried to wriggle free from the person and rush to her mommy. The mother thrusted out her hands as she tried to reach her daughter, pushing the sea of people in her way. She was screaming something to the girl but it was inaudible among the noise.

"Keep fighting!" was the last thing she heard from her mommy as the world turned black.