Chuckie-Duckie Gets A Sibling

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

ADELAIDE

"Pull the arrow back. To your jawline." I tell Chuck, who is trained enough to finally start practicing with my bow. Today only Minho and Thomas are going to go into the Maze. They would go into section seven and see what they can find.

Stan told me that I could continue running from tomorrow.

"I don't have a jawline."

I furrow my eyebrows, "Listen Chuck, I will never ever allow you to have a jawline." I pinch both of cheek, "i want this. Okay? And this is never be there if you have a jawline. So, no jawline. Don't even think about it."

"Okay, mom," Chuck rolls his eyes. His eyebrows furrows as he pulls the arrow back; it's end nearly touching his ears.

"Like this?"

"Further."

Good, but not perfect.

Suddenly, I am sucked into a deep black abyss.

"Harder."

I threw harder punch.

"Faster."

I saw a fist coming towards me in a very quick speed. I instinctively, blocked it and round-kicked my opponent.

She grunted and stumbled back.

Slowly, she straighten up.

A woman. Her wavy blonde hair in a braid, her baby hair matted in sweat. Dark brown eyes. She was of medium build and wore a grey sports bra and black tights.

"Good." She grunted, rubbing her waist, where I kicked her."Good, but not perfect."

She stepped back and I readied myself.

She ran towards me and jumped onto my shoulders, forcing me into the ground, putting me into a choke-hold.

I, grasping for breath, tried to move sideways, trying to flip her off me. But she was too strong.

I patted her leg to let me go.

"Florencia, they won't let you go!" she barked as she tightened her grip.

I was loosing too much of air. My head was pounding, vision was being dotted. I frantically patted her leg.

"They want you to be strong. Fight harder."