Planning, Strategies And A Teensy Bit Of Distractions

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

NEWT

"Mate, Minho and Addie are right. We have to get out of here." I plead to Alby. "The Walls are not closing, the food is almost gone and we are dying here. Every smart defense we are putting up against the Grievers, they are fighting. It's like they are getting smarter. WICKED is shoving it on our face that we have to get out of here or we die."

"What do you want me to tell the boys? Huh? " Alby glares at me, "That we leave this place and go to the Maze? Straight to the Grivers? And then what? Jump into that Griver Hole. And what if we find more Grievers there? Then what?"

"We are dyin' here too, okay? At least we can say that we tried and Tommy said that he has his buggin' memories."

"Oh! That solves the problem!" Alby scoffs.

"Hey, stop being so pessimist! Staying here wasn't our permanent plan. We wanted to get out and now that we can, after all these years, and you won't?! Why?" I yell at him.

"Because Thomas is not the only one who got his memories back okay!" Alby yells, "I have seen too, okay! Did anyone ask me what did I see? Did anyone considered asking what I remember? No! You all were just so sucked up with Thomas!"

"What did you see?" I ask him softly.

"Oh, now you wanna know." Alby scoffs.

"Don't bloody shuck with me, tell me what you saw."

"The outside world is shucked up. Destroyed. Burnt into ashes. Completely gone. You won't know what I'm talking about but what you remember about the world, it's not at all like this. Here, the Glade is much better than what's left of the world. Even with the Grivers."

I couldn't believe it. I just...

This is not Alby. Whoever this is, it's the hell lot Alby. Alby wouldn't back down from this. Alby wouldn't just want to die, rather than fight.

"You want to give up? Fine. But I won't. I will fight till the end. Even if I die, I will die fighting."

"And how many will you take down with you? Huh? How many will have to die for your adrenaline filled talks?"

I shake my head in disbelief, "Nick died for this. FOR A WAY OUT! We find a way out and all you want to do is tuck your tail between your legs and shy away?!" I roar, "So whatever Nick did, was just adrenaline filled action?!"

Alby falls quiet. I know that I had hit a nerve on mentioning Nick, but what I said is true. Nick died for a way. Every one who died; died for a way out of the Maze and now if we just give up, after finding the way, just because Grievers are there; I can dig them up from their graves and it wouldn't be even remotely sinful and disrespectful than giving up now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now, I am with Addie, Minho, Frypan, Chuck, Teresa and Tommy, forming a tight circle. "What the escape strategy?" Addie asks, looking at Minho.