Flowers, Stars And A Whole Lot Of Kisses

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

ADELAIDE

"Where did you get flowers from?" I ask. I have never ever seen flowers in the Glade.

"You'll know it soon." he smirks. We walk into the dark Deadheads, leaves crunching beneath us. It is dark and I hold onto Newt's hand tightly to avoid falling down. I glance around nervously, not linking the pitch darkness, while Newt is confident of the way we are going. So I decide to trust him and follow him.

We walk deeper into the Deadheads. We cross the graveyard and keep walking. I had never gone in so deep into the Deadheads.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Don't worry, we are almost there."

"It's so dark in here."

"Yeah. So... Remember how you told me about your memory of us?" he asks me as he slows his pace. I do. I had told him about the only memory that I've got of Newt from before and how he didn't forget my birthday.

"So, I have loaned the idea from my past life a little."

Suddenly we enter a brightly shining part of the Deadheads. It is a clear patch amidst deep and thick canopy filled with the same bright colored wild flowers. Lanterns hangs from branches of the trees, illuminating the patch with a soft yellow light. There are blankets and pillows kept on the floor. There is a large tray kept beside the blankets, with covered plates, a bottle of wine and two glasses.

I rush towards the patch of flowers and kneel by them awestruck by their bright colors. "This..this is awesome, Newt." I lightly pluck a blue one. It is a tiny one with four symmetrical petals. I tuck it by Newt's ear as he sits kneels down by me. He grins as he carefully sets it among his blond tresses.

We sit on the soft blankets. "How did you find this?"

"I came for a walk....when you were in coma... And I was deep in thought and didn't realize that I'd gotten to far and then I found this. I thought I would show it to you once you wake up. Then one things happened after the other and I decided to show it to you tonight."

"This is amazing. I never...I never thought I would find flowers here. I've once seen them in my dreams. But I really wanted to see them with my eyes.... You have no idea, Newt... how much it means to me."

Newt just smiles and hugs me. We both relax in each other arms.

We spend the time talking to each other and laughing as we had our dinner. He'd asked Frypan to make chicken fries and salad.

"We have to be careful with this one." I say as I hold up the glass for Newt to pour the wine. We are sitting shoulder to shoulder. His leg is outstretched and I have placed my legs over his. He carefully fills the glasses. We both clink our glasses and sip the wine.