Deadheads Mayhem

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

NEWT

I don't see Addie after the little instance last night. I don't want to say sorry to her, because technically it's not my fault that she has a death wish , but I don't want her to get even more upset and not talk with me. I decide to give her some space to cool off, then approach her when she is less angry.

I still don't want her to step a foot in that bloody Maze. It's bad. It's dangerous. Why can't she stay inside the walls? I don't want her to go into the Maze everyday, and me being left inside, not knowing if she will return on time or not.

As soon as I come out of the bathroom, Stan comes running to me. "Hey" he pants. "Newt" pant. "Adelaide..."

I immediately freeze. "What about Addie?" Something in my gut tells that something is wrong.

"I can't find her! I checked everywhere. Her room, kitchen, the gardens and even on her tree. She's not there."

I rake my brain. I reflexively check the Maze door. It still is closed. Thank God.

"Checked the Deadheads?" I ask, trying to keep calm. Where is this girl?

"Not yet. Its still dark in there." Stan gulps, looking at his shoes. I remember his fear of the dark and feel bad for asking him. I put my hand on his shoulder and tell him to get Minho for me. He immediately rushes towards the Homestead.

I limp quickly towards the Deadheads. I know it would be a hard time to find her, if she is here, as she is so stealthy.

"Addie!" I call out. "Where are you?"

I strain my ears for any movement or sound but it was eerily quiet. I doubted if she was even here. What the bloody hell is this girl doing? I snap internally. Minho jogs to me. "Mate, I have a bad feeling about this." I say, noticing that my voice weavers at the end.

"Relax," Minho scoff. "Ally, is fully capable to take care of herself. Maybe she's pranking us." But I see worry flash in his eyes.

I hope she's pranking.

We continue searching for her, calling out to her, going deeper into the forest. Suddenly, something catches my eye. I turn my head to my right to see a heap on the floor. I squint hard and see a hand.Addie! I rush towards her, and see Addie sprawled on the ground, unconscious. I pull her head on my lap and try to shake her awake.

"Addie. Addie?" A shiver runs through my spine as I realized that she's not breathing.

"Minho-Minho. She-she's not breathing. She's not breathing!"

Minho leanS on her chest, pressing his ear. "It's barely beating." He says, his eyes widening.

I feel nauseous, my head spinning.

What to do? What to do? What to do?

He presses his hands on her chest repeated, giving her CPR.

"Come on Ally, breath for me." He mumbles as I sit there numbly, unable to think.

No. No. No. No.

Suddenly everything comes rushing to me. I tilt her head back, pinch her nose and crash my lips onto hers, as I blow air into her mouth.

Nothing. No movement. Minho looks at me and yells me to continue to blow air.

I repeat. Again and again.

Minho again presses his hands on her chest.

"Please wake up, Addie." I whimper, tears blurring my vision as Minho keeps giving her CPR, mumbling under his breath.

Suddenly, Addie lurches forward, taking in a huge gasp of breath.

Her amber brown eyes skims lazily from Minho to me and a faint smile dances on her chapped lips.

Her eyes flutters close and she falls unconscious.

I look at her, relief crashing into me like a huge wave.

She's alive.

She's okay.

I look at Minho, not knowing what to do next. Minho pulls her up and carries her out of the Deadheads. I quickly limp behind them, wondering what the hell happened to her.

When I reach the Med-jacks, Clint is checking Addie for injuries. She is still unconscious. Minho leans against the furthest wall, eyes trained on her, already looking tired.

"She's okay." Minho says when I came in the room. Clint pries open her eye and flash the torchlight on her eyes. I fix my eyes in the gauze on her forearms.

"I have no idea how her breathing can stop. No injuries, except for these cuts in her palms and scratches along her arms. Either she had a panic attack or an asthma attack but she'll be okay, though. Great thinking, guys. Let her rest for sometime." Clint says, looking at the both of us.

I approach her and brush her hair from her forehead and wipe her sweat. Clint leaves the room and Minho goes to the Maze.

Her lips are almost colorless and are chapped. I carefully hold her hand and trace soft circles on her bandaged palm. I can still feel my heart beating erratically.

Wish there was something I could do to help you.

A dread fills my heart. I cautiously kiss her forehead, and leave the girl alone.

As much as I want to stay with her; to be the one who she sees the first when she wakes up, I have a bloody job to do. I was the bloody Track -Hoe and I can't abandon my duties.

TOTAL WORDS- 867

A/N: 

this a very short and trashy chapter and it is not proof read.  please let me know if you find some mistake.

please vote and comment if youve liked my chapter.