It's Raining Glasses

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

ADELAIDE

 "They'll kill you! They'll kill all of you- one every night till it's over!" Gally screams in pure rage. He doesn't look same. His eyes are bloodshot and the nerves are bulging from his temples.

"Gally! Keep quiet!" Frypan shushes him as I clutch Chuck closer to me, holding him tightly. I am never letting him go.

"No! No, Fry! You... You don't understand!" he says urgently, limping towards us on his right leg. "They are going to kill us. All of..all of us." Gally walks towards us and stands a few feet away from Thomas, Newt, Minho and me with a shivering Chuck. Chuck pulls be back a little, obviously scared of Gally. I try to comfort him, and at the same time, scan for any danger from Gally.

My mind is screaming at me with red warning signs. This is all wrong. Everything right now is wrong.

Gally's eyes rages with fire as he points at Thomas. "This is all his fault! He comes and everything goes to shit!" Within a blink he clenches his fist and swings it at Thomas, connecting it to his ear. We all let out a gasp. Thomas stumbles and nearly falls but Teresa catches him, helping him up. "And you!" he points at the raven-haired girl, helping Thomas back, "You're no different. You are the main person!" he goes to hit Teresa too, when the boys finally seem to break from their stupor and rush to Gally. Newt stands in front of Teresa and pushes Gally back.

Gally stumbles back, crashing into a table. He quickly straightens up and takes us all in. "The...The Maze... It can't be solved. They'll kill of us. The shucking Grievers will all of you... It's ...it's better this way. It's all those shucking variables."

Variables?

"Shut you bloody hole, Gally! There's a Griever sittin' right outside, okay? Just sit quietly!" Newt hisses at Gally.

Gally narrows his eyes at Newt, "You don't get it. You don't get it, Newt. You're too stupid. You've always been stupid."

"At least he's not stupid enough to keep yelling at the top of his lungs when a Griever is just outside!" I hiss at him.

"Gally, keep quiet!" Paxton whispers.

"They'll all kill you! There's no way to win! There's no way out!" Gally screams. With that he rushes to the window, which was hammered down with wooden planks and begin to yank them out with all his might. His movements are desperate, as if he needs to yank them down otherwise he will die. When he tears off the first plank, everyone roars in protest.

Newt rushes to Gally to stop him, Thomas following him, but he is too late. Gally finally yanks the wooden plank, with his both hands and swings backwards and it accidentally connects with Newt's head, throwing him across the room.

A blood curdling scream erupts from my throat as I rush to Newt. He is unconscious with blood pooling around his head. I pick his head and cradle it on my lap.