Florencia

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

[Trigger warning - abuse]

ADELAIDE

A small girl looked out of the window, craning her neck to look better. After the flares, the world had scorched, leaving nothing nice to see, except for her well-maintained, laughing green gardens. The girl liked to silently enjoy the beauty of her garden, and brightly colored flowers. the surroundings, remembering the times when she could happily and care freely  play among them.

"Florencia!" a middle aged man snapped at her, drawing in the curtains, pulling her away from the window.

"I've told you, not to go near the doors and windows."

She knew her father was sick. He was getting angrier and snapped over minute things. He even hit her mother the last day. The little girl, no more than five years and three months  to be exact, looks down and shrinks back in fear. Mommy had told her, her daddy will get worse and the disease was not natural.

"Daddy, I'm sorry. I just wanted to see outside." The small girl whispers.

"Why?" the father roared, "Why?! You want the virus? Do you want to have the fucking virus??!" I girl further shrinks back, looking away in fear.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you!"

The girl is scared and she doesn't move.

"LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M SPEAKING TO YOU!!" the father bellowed. The girl shakily looked up.

Her father's dark brown eyes were no longer warm, it is distant and has undeniable anger in it. It is like it had madness in them. She doesn't recognize her loving father anymore.

"You know what has happened to me? DO YOU?!" he takes a menacing step towards her. She takes a step backwards.

"You- you ha-have the Flare." She stutters.

"I'M A CRANK!" he bellows ready to jump on her.

Suddenly a loud crash is heard and her father falls down. She sees her mother, standing behind, with a broken vase in her hand. Her leafy green eyes wide in fear, her mouth open in horror. She runs to her child and cups her face.

"Are you okay?" she asks, checking over her for any injuries. Her big leafy green eyes with flakes of gold darts up and down as she scans her face. The girl nods. She hugs her tightly, running her hand through her tangled hair. "Thank God, thank god.." she whispers in relief.

"What will we do with daddy?" she asks.

"We will have to chain him up. We have to help him. He is still there, fighting against the virus. We just have to help him."