They Place A Bet On Us?!

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

ADELAIDE

I've often seen my reflection on the waters to know how I look. Newt has always called me beautiful and pretty, but I begged to differ.

 I am okay looking but this girl, who laid in a coma, in front of me, is the fitting image of the word- beautiful. Her raven locks framed her face as she slept. She had a heart shaped frames, and is very pale, her nose, tiny. Her lips are thin, but it frames her face really nicely.

This one is a beautiful.

Okay, I admit, I'm jealous.

I clean her face of dirt and try to feed her soup, which she is majorly refusing. No one knows how long we would survive with the ration that we have and the Box not going down. They are already convinced that this girl is an ill omen and somehow, Thomas is related with it.

I personally think that this is another sick game of WICKED and this girl is just a pawn. Just like we are.The Cooks are saving on every single grain that they can and the Glade was in a tensed and uneasy environment.

All of it felt like a red flashing light in my head, as if as a warning for the Creators.

What do they want?

Newt walks into the room, Thomas following him like a scared puppy. I smile seeing them. Newt has an apologetic look in his face that leaves me confused.

"Addie, how's the girl?" he asks.

"She's in coma. No sign of any struggle or wounds or bruises. She's refusing food." I say, already tired of taking care of an unresponsive patient.

Who took care of me?

Newt sighs heavily. He beckons Thomas, "Do you know this girl?"

"No! How will I know her? I don't know anyone except you guys." He says.

But he hesitates.

Why did he hesitate? Did he know something about her? Why isn't he sharing then?

Newt doesn't seem to notice his hesitation. "I mean, does she seem familiar to you?"

He shakes his head. To fast. And that's when I am sure that he id hiding something. And I will ask him about it. Thomas nervously meets my gaze, knowing that I've noticed his lie. His whiskey brown eyes darted to Newt, who was busy watching the girl. Thomas silently pleads me not to tell anything.

"I want you to put a very good pressure on your brain, Tommy. Remember something, anything. Any minute thing about this girl and tell me. Immediately."

He nods.

"Good that?" he asks sternly.

"Yes. Yeah." Thomas stammers looking at me with overwhelming nervousness. I give him a curt nod.