The Smallest Coffins Are The Heaviest

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

ADELAIDE

I always knew that Minho would be the one who would readily push me down a cliff.

A scream tears my throat as I clamp my eyes shut.

Suddenly I hit something, stopping my fall abruptly and the wind gets knocked out of me. I open my eyes and find myself on top of Newt, who is groaning in pain.

I quickly scramble off him and help him up.

"Caught you." He smirks at me. I roll my eyes. "I expected a better landing pad."

"This is the best landing pad you're gonna get in the Glade." He grumbles and I laugh. I wait as Minho jumps in. He was the last one.

"Hey, Ally, you're alive!" he pulls me into a hug.

"Yeah, I'm alive."

Chuck runs to me and I pull him into a hug and plant a kiss on his head.

"Its over. It's finally over." Newt smiles at the three of us.

We walk further down the dimmed hallway, huddling close to each other. We finally reach a metal door with a sign mounted on it.

Exit.

"Really?" Frypan deadpans.

Thomas pushes the door open and we all file inside. The first thing I notice is pile of bodies on the floor. Each had multiple bullet holes on them. Blood streams down from the bullet holes, staining their white clothes and pools on the floor.

All dead.

We step further into the room. My feet crunch against the broken glass. I lightly kick empty gun shell away. The red and white lights flashes all around us.

"What the hell happened here?" Teresa asks.

"Are they the Creators?" I ask. If they are, then I don't feel even a teensy bit of sympathy for them.

"They are." Thomas whispers.

"Then it's fine." I smile. I ignore the shocked looks that I receive. I don't care. They destroyed my life, they made me a monster. They are dead and I'm happy.

Teresa walks forward and pick a sticky note stuck on a screen.

Play Me :)

Teresa drags the mouse and plays it.

A tight, round- faced woman with her blonde haired pulled back, appears. Her thin lips were painted blood red as she smiles at us. Her sea blue eyes shine with excitement.