Prepping Up For The Date

CHAPTER FORTY

CHAPTER FORTY

ADELAIDE

The 'comatose girl' now has a name. Teresa. Initially she was very hostile with the boys, trusting no one except Thomas, which I don't blame her. I was the same and even more ferocious than her.

She had told Thomas that she felt that she knew him but didn't understand why she talked to him in his head while she was in coma. Or why she said that that she triggered the ending, whatever that meant.

But I have this feeling in me that something big is going to happen and by the growing pit in my stomach, it's not going to be nice.

So that's why, I want to enjoy every single moment I can, as if it is my last. Right now, I'm practically in jitters as a nag Minho for a white top.

"Why can't you wear yours?" he sighs as he rummages his cupboard looking for the specific colored cloth.

"Because I want to wear an over-sized one. And mine one, fits me. So yours."

"You do realize that I have to sacrifice a lot for you two shanks' relationship right?"

"Yeah," I scoff, "Lending a shirt is the most heart bleeding sacrifice of the humanity."

"Oh, no!" he shrieks as he fishes our a crumpled white shit, "My jewels were manhandled! They almost died!"

"Whose fault was that?" I reach out for the cloth as he holds it high above his head, his height giving him an advantage, "You are the one who placed bet on us."

"Stan did too. And by the way, I was on your side. I knew that you two would get along by October. Stan thought it would take you till December."

"Doesn't make things better." I jumped and grabbed the cloth, snatching it away as I walked out of his room. "By the way, I was doing the world a favor. No one needs more Minhos."

"I want all the details, Ally!"

"In your dreams, Min-Min!"

I return back to my room to see Teresa smirking at me. Since I was the only girl here other than her, I was not at all hesitant to share my room with her. But I did warn her that she might have to wake up at dead at night with me screaming in nightmares and she said she had always been a light sleeper and would wake me up when I start to whimper.

"What?" I ask her.

"Going out for a date, huh?" she grins. I roll my eyes as I turn in the corner and peel my top off, wearing Minho's large shirt. I pinch it from the corner and make a decent sized knot, just above my just cleaned jeans. The only jeans I had.

Clothing was a luxury in the Glade and though people asked the Creators for some clothing often, I refuse to ask Creators with anything.

I could be hypothermic with just a cotton shirt and a sweat pant but I will never ever ask Creators for something.