Sliced Up Nick

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

ADELAIDE

"This is not a good idea." I mumble to myself as I stand among the crowd, circling the entrance of the Box. They box had just sent up a Newbie and Nick had this idea of trying to escape through the box.

"Are you sure you wanna go down?" Alby asks Nick.

"Hell yeah! I've had this idea." He seems happy. His leafy green eyes shining in excitement. He looks down the Box hole and tightening one end of the rope around his waist, he gives the other end to Jax and Ben. He gives all of us a mock salute and climbs down.

Nick had been climbing for very long time. I am swaying on the balls of my feet, the panic in my stomach growing in an alarming amount. Newt's eyes is focused on the Box hole. He is gnawing on his nail.

The rope gets shorter and shorter but Nick keeps going down. Luke goes near the Box hole and peeps down, "Found out anything yet?"

"No!" his voiced echoes through the hole, "But I can see a surface! I'm close! Get your bags ready we-"

He never completes his sentence. There is a obnoxiously loud tzzzz sound coming from the hole. Whatever is in there, is moving. And fast.

Nick starts to scream.

"PULL ME UP! PULL UP! PU-"

The rope snaps. Then there is a loud thud. The boys runs closer to the Box hole. I stay back, my feet as if, glued to the ground. I find it harder to breath. I know he is dead. He was dead. I am hyperventilating.

"Nick! What happened?"

"Where are you?"

"Nick!"

"Answer me shank!"

"Did you see him?"

"Would I be yelling if I had?"

"Nick!"

The Greenie alarm blares and the box starts to come up. And then it stops. It opens and there are lot of loud gasps and many- including me- threw up.

Nick.... sewed...in HALF!

I feel arms snake around me waist and pull me away, not letting me see the corpse. Newt.

Nick..was..dead. Sewed in half!

There was a note pinned on his chest.

Do not try this ever.

-----------------------------

Emptiness.

Horror.

That's what the who Glade felt after for the last week days since the Newbie had arrived.