We Both Are Broken Souls

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

ADELAIDE

I killed a man. I killed a man. I killed a man. I killed a man. I killed a man.

He was tied up to a wooden chair, screaming at me. "I have kids. Please don't kill me!" I pulled up the gun and shot him, straight in his forehead. I watched as thick trail of dark red blood flowed out of the bullet hole, trickling down his nose, between his horror stricken opened eyes.

The eyes, staring straight at mine.

I was in a white padded room, in heavy shackles. I was wearing a white jumpsuit. I gasped as my body went through searing pain. My white jumpsuit was soaked in blood and my hands were bloodied. Everything was blurry and everything hurt. My tongue was parched and I was hungry. The metal door of my padded room opened and a brown haired boy with pale brown skin came towards me. He crouches before me. I could not forget those green eyes. Thomas.

"I will not corporate. I will not work for them." my weak voice couldn't match the anger I was feeling.

"You don't have to, not willingly." Thomas said. "They will force you. They know everything about you. Your powers, your weaknesses. Everything."

"I have no weakness. They snatched everything normal of me when I was six. I'm practically raised to be a killing machine."

"You do have a weakness. Newt." Thomas whispered.

"Thomas, please, please don't let them hurt him. Please." I begged, desperation getting the better of me.

"I will. I will take care of him. And you too. I will do everything I can." He smiled softly.

"Thank you." I smiled back and closed my eyes, drifting off.

I jolt up awake to see someone hovering over me. I flinch back terribly. Newt.

Worry floods his face with panic in his eyes.

"No-no! Don't panic! It's okay. It was just a nightmare." He says in his velvety voice. I sit up, putting hands on my erratic heart. Seeing my breathing get erratic, he clamps my shoulders, "Breath, Addie. It's just a dream." I shake my head, feeling my eyes well up.

It was not a dream, it was memory. I was a monster. I killed people. I ruthlessly killed them. I am scared. I am scared of myself, who I was, who I am and why did I kill people. Right now, I wasn't even sure if I should be alive.

You should die. Why are you living? A voice echoes in my mind. How can you live when you killed who knows how many people?

I clenching my eyes shut. I feel Newt move back a little, giving me space, while keeping his hand in mine. When I'd calmed myself, I open my eyes.

"You okay?" he asks.

I suddenly feel my cheeks get wet. I just can't. It's too much. I just want everything to stop. I hear him sit on my bed and wrap his hand around my shoulder. His calloused fingers wipes my tears,

"Please don't shut me out." He says, desperation evident in his voice. I look at him. "Tell me. I will be with there with you. Let me share your pain."

"I'm fine." I say feebly.Who are you kidding?

"You are not fine! You are anything but fine." He says, "You are hurting. I can see it."I drop my head in my hands, waiting for him to just give up on me, just like I did.

He can't save me. He can't chase the monsters in me. He can't change my past.

I feel him sitting up beside me. He takes in a deep breath. "Did I ever tell you how I got my limp?" He says.

(This part has serious Death Cure Spoilers!! So if you haven't read the books, please please don't read the following)

NEWT

"I did that because I had no hope, and moreover there was no one to stop me. I was dyin' from inside and no one saved me. No one even noticed." I see Addie sitting beside me, looking at her hands, her hair falling in front of her face. Her sniffling tells that she is crying.

I didn't want anyone to know about it.

Only Minho and Alby knew. And Nick, but he's dead.

But I am seeing Addie crumble down, and I don't know why. She wouldn't share anything. I could see her pain. I could see me in her. The me when I gave up. And I can't let her give up. But she has to open up. That was the mistake that I made. She has to trust me. The very thing that I didn't.

"I see me in you. I see how I was before.. um .. everything." I tuck her hair behind her ear. "Trust me. Please. Talk to me."

Addie lowers her head even more before she shoulder begins to shake. I intertwine my fingers with her's. She leans onto meas she cries and I press her head against my chest, my chin resting on her head. I gently tug her towards me and pull her between my legs. Her legs is swung over mine.

"Every-everything hurts." She sobs.

"I know."

"I want it to stop."

"I know."

"Please, make it stop."

"I will." I mean every syllable of it.

A beat of silence. She looks up at me and I just can't remove my gaze from her amber brown eyes as thousands of jumbled thoughts rush through my brain.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" She whispers.

"I think....I think I finally understood you." I whisper back. Tears slips from my eyes and I tighten my hold on her.

TOTAL WORDS -916 

A/N:

this part was hard for me to write because newt's story always hurts me and it pains me to even think about his journey and how that he deserves much more than what he'd got.

please vote/comment if you've liked the chapter, your support means everything.