2. Assassination

*Mature Language*

(The main language spoken in Blasaeda is English. There will be words written in Blasaedan in the middle of English sentences, I will provide the meaning.)

"You better succeed, blasda. You know what will happen if you don't," the voice rang through my earpiece, laced with threat.

(Blasda: a derogatory slang to refer to a child; language Blasaedan.)

"What are you, going to kill an assassin?" I snarked back. "You don't even know what I look like Mr Waydor."

"Don't test me, child. Just get the job done," I heard my client snap. I smirked and aimed my sniper at the Queen's head. Queen of Blasaeda. A mediocre bitch who used her status to get away with the crimes she committed.

The other day I saw her push an orphan out of her way. I had already decided to assassinate her when I saw her do so. I simply jumped at the opportunity to get paid while doing so.

I wanted to play around first, so I aimed the gun at her crown first. I placed my middle finger on the trigger, swallowing the laughter that was moving up my throat when the queen tripped over the step as she stepped over to the podium. I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger, shooting the crown off her head. I chuckled at her fear as she hid behind one of her guards. The civilians ducked down in fear, gasps and screams breaking the usual silence of the city. Her guards whipped out their guns and searched for the shooter.

I pulled the bolt, ejected the casing, pushed the bolt forward again, then slowly pulled the bolt back out a second time. I aimed the sniper at the area between her eyebrows.

"Stop playing around Nighter," Mr Waydor snapped. Nighter, my code name. It didn't have some deep meaning behind it. My logic ran along the lines of 'since my night job was to assassinate, I went by the code name Nighter'. "Get the job done."

One of the guards probably saw me, cause he pointed in my direction and started shooting my way. I ducked down, hiding behind the wall. It was suspicious because I snuck into the Tower, took out the guard that was guarding it and took his clothes (Leaving him in boxers, of course.) There's no way they knew I was there. Unless...

"You son of a bitch!" I growled out at my 'client.' I heard him laugh deviously through the other line.

"Did you really think the Queen is stupid? She knows how to find betrayers," he snarked. I ignored him, trying to find an escape route. Two things I learnt from my first kill was: 1) Always have a minimum of two escape routes. 2) Never leave from where you came. Your exit should always be different from your entrance.
I ran to the stairs, and I could hear them running. I went to the nearest window and broke it with my elbow guard. I jumped from the window just as the guards reached me. I landed on the roof of one of the sections of the palace. I ran, trying to stay on the roof and dodging the bullets fired my way. I felt a bullet graze my shoulder and another hit my calf- fortunately a flesh wound. Although I dropped my gun went my arm went limp from the graze. My panic reflected in my breath that was echoing in the mask I was wearing. "You can't escape, Nighter. We got you injured and cornered."

I knew I couldn't run too far, my blood would be leaving a trail behind me. I had to try. Of course, luck was not on my side, cause they shot me once again in the same leg same wound. I fell on my knees and slid down the slope of the roof. I groaned in pain as my ankle twisted when I hit a wall at the end of a slope. Fuck, I rathered that I fell off the roof and die than get caught and punished as per the Queen's wishes. I panted, clutching onto my ankle. Fortunately, it wasn't broken, just sprained. Multiple arms lifted me up as I thrashed for release.

"Stand down, allda. You're under arrest until the Queen decides what to do with you," the Knight ordered. I stopped struggling, complying in hopes of reducing my sentence.

(Allda= traitor; language Blasaedan.)

The Knight walked over to me and ripped off my mask. He gasped when he recognized my identity. "Jungkook?!" he exclaimed in pure shock.

"Hi dad."