62. Revealed

^Jungkook's POV^

I moaned in pain and lack of breath, throwing my head back as my body screamed at me to stop and take a break. I couldn't. I couldn't take a break because taking a break meant letting my thoughts through, and letting my thoughts through meant revisiting the previous night's nightmare.

"Nighter!" I heard someone call me. I looked at Yoongi, who was walking over to me with King Hyungsik and Queen Gina behind him. I put down the axe, and walked over to them. They stopped at the fence that was set up so people around didn't get hurt.

I grabbed a water bottle on the way, already feeling the thoughts forcing their way to the front of my mind. I effortlessly jumped over the fence. "What's up?" I asked.

"They wanted to talk about the DNA results," Yoongi said. "I came here to tell you to talk to Taehyung and to take a break."

It wasn't a good time for them to approach me. I had pushed my emotions down, I could be brutally monotonous when it came to conversations.

I looked at the eager King and Queen of Serek. "Positive," I answered. Their faces instantly lit up in happiness. "I guess I am your son."

"Okay... now what?" Yoongi asked. Not receiving a response, he continued. "Well this is awkward, I'm going to go back to my work."

I sighed as he walked away. "I should get back to work," I said, climbing over the fence.

"Wait!" Queen Gina exclaimed. I turned around and waited for her to speak. "We could get to know each other, maybe? You could always continue work tomorrow."

"We made a deal. Yoongi and I work to pay for our stay here. I missed out on hours yesterday," I said.

"How about after your work?" King Hyungsik asked.

"I'll be tired, so I'll most likely rest," I replied. I didn't want to spend time with them. I had enough change to last me a lifetime. It was hard enough to cope with the changes that bombarded me when I first arrived on Planet Dagon, I didn't want anything else to change. Any change disrupted my plans, and I couldn't let that happen.

"We would love to get to know you. Maybe even tell you about our heritage and stuff," Queen Gina proposed.

"With all due respect, your majesties, I don't do families. I'm completely fine without one," I said. "We can use the results as a way to speed up the process of forming an alliance between the two countries. Use the test results for whatever advantage you want for the country, but I do not do families."

Not wanting to make the situation more awkward by waiting for a response, I walked back to work.

^Seokjin's POV^

I took a deep breath before opening the conference room door and walking into the meeting that I had scheduled with the South's temporary leader. "Let's get straight to business, shall we?" I asked, pushing down my anxiety that was sparking up at every second I spent in that room.

"Of course," the leader said. "Lee Bora."

"Kim Seokjin," I introduced.

"Where's Min Yoongi?" she asked. "Surely you are aware of the rules in our community."

"Only a little," I replied. "If you're aware, my mate, Min Yoongi, has run away. We are currently searching for him."

"And what about your little mate?" she asked. "Where is he?"

"I don't see how that is of any relevance," I replied, maintaining a blank face and a monotonous tone.

"It's a little suspicious that they both happened to disappear at the same time," she commented.

"I see no correlation between the timing of their disappearance," I retorted. I had to hide the fact that Nighter was not a were-dragon like the rest of us. I had to be upfront about Nighter's name, it was best to not hide, or loopholes were easy to be found. "Unless of course, Yoongi decided to run away so he didn't have to become leader, and took Jungkook with him because Jungkook was not trained to fight a war."

"I see. So you aren't aware of what happens when the bloodline of leaders ends," she said. "Which is why I'm guessing you called this meeting."

"Precisely," I said.