67. Baby

I watched in awe as Yoongi's sister effortlessly knocked out all six of the Southerners. She didn't hurt them too bad, but she got the job done. Even Seokjin was not as skilled as she was.

I let out a soft whimper, barely audible at the excruciating pain in my leg. My breathing was shallow. I felt as if I was having a panic attack without the chest pain. Yoongi ran out of his hiding spot and crouched by my side. "I got you," he muttered, trying to pull apart the jaws of the trap. "Lean away, keep your leg straight, don't let the injury become bigger by moving it around."

I did as he said, keeping an eye on the woman watching us. "You owe me a box of donuts for that, brother," she spoke up. I grit my teeth in pain as the jaws slowly exited my leg. I was sure that the jaws had cracked my bone. Not being able to hold it in any longer, I let out a scream of pain.

"Just melt it! For the love of god just melt the damn thing!" I yelled in pain, tears rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't breathe properly as my body prioritized healing the wound over regulating my breathing, I felt a severity of pain that I had only felt once before.

"I can't have it melt inside your leg. And if it gets too hot, it can hurt you even more," Yoongi said, seeming to be in the same pain as I was. I knew the bond would make him feel panicked and more possessive over me, which would make the situation worse.

"Move," his sister said, nudging him away. I let out another scream as Yoongi let go of the jaws, sending them further into my leg as compared to before. I sat down, keeping my right leg in place, and making it easier for my body to deal with the injury. Yoongi sat down behind me, holding me to him while his sister ripped open the jaws of the trap.

My energy was drained as I collapsed into Yoongi's hold, my head leaning against his shoulder. The negative feedback mechanism in my body practically shut down my body to focus on healing. "I feel like I just gave birth," I breathed out, panting.

"Not even close, kid. It's hurts, but it hurts less when your mind knows you can do something about it. When it's an internal pain, it hurts more," Yoongi's sister said, gently picking my leg and straightening it. I whimpered at the sharp pain. Yoongi placed a soft kiss on my shoulder while whispering soothing words in my ear. "I'm Alex. The South knows me as Min Eunji, but I go by Alex."

"Alex. Stop," Yoongi growled out.

"Making sure he's not too severely injured. I just saved his ass, why would I hurt him, brother?" she asked. "I'm craving donuts."

"I'll get you your donuts," he huffed out. "Help my mate."

"Nighter. Nice to meet you," I introduced myself. "Did you set these traps?"

"Mhm," she replied, analyzing my injury.

"Never mind. It's no longer nice to meet you," I breathed out, whispering a string of curses as she moved my leg over and over.

-

"Ow ow ow," I heard Yoongi exclaim. I opened my eyes, feeling more relaxed and in less pain as the wound was treated to, and almost healed. My leg rested on a pillow for elevation. I sat up on the couch, looking in the direction of what I assumed was the kitchen. I could hear a baby faintly crying, shuffling back and forth in the crib. Alex and Yoongi, who seemed to be in the kitchen couldn't hear the crying. I huffed in pain as I started walking in the direction of the . "Alex, I need to go back."

"You can make me some donuts, while I heat the milk," I heard he response. "Don't suffocate the kid, let him rest."

I opened the door to the nursery, where the crying was loudest. I limped over to the crib, peering down at the baby. I gently picked up the baby, providing the neck support, and rocked the cute 3 months old side to side. "Hi there," I let out, in a soft baby voice. I kept pressure off my right leg by leaning on my left leg. "Hi!"

"Who are you?" I heard someone ask from the door. They raised their voice. "How did you get in here? Put my daughter down."

Alex and Yoongi appeared at the doorway, ready to fight. "I'm Nighter. Yoongi's mate," I introduced myself. It was wrong of me to pick up or touch a baby without the parents' permission. "The baby was crying, so I came here to check. I'm sorry, I should have told you instead of coming here myself."

The stranger relaxed at my introduction, walked over and took the baby from me. "Need to change the nappy. That's why she's crying," they said. Once they left for the bathroom, Yoongi rushed to my side, being the crutch for my right side.

"Why would you strain your leg, Nighter? Don't be stupid," he muttered, helping me walk back to the couch. The severity of the pain in my leg was the same as that of a sprain. My leg, not being able to take the strain anymore, buckled and let me fall to the ground, but Yoongi caught me before I could. He picked me up bridal style and carried me back to the couch.

"It's almost healed," I said, getting comfortable on the couch. "Are you making donuts?"

"Yeah. My sister's craving them," he replied.

"What are donuts?" I asked. I opened my mouth to retract my words when I saw Alex and Yoongi's reaction to my question. They seemed horrified.

"Alex, I'm making your stupid donuts," Yoongi said, rushing to the kitchen.