32. Guns

(Warning: gun information.)

"Where were you? Do you know how worried we were?" Yoongi yelled. "You can't just wander off without telling anyone."

"We just went to Serek. I don't know why you're yelling. We're clearly fine," I said. "We can protect ourselves just fine."

"You can't protect yourself. That's why you have Yugyeom around," Jimin said. I was getting really tired of arguing with them all the time.

"I have years of training. I can protect myself. How many times do I have to fight someone in front of you for you to understand that I'm not a feeble human?" I snapped. "Let me breathe, dammit."

"Nighter," Lana's voice snapped us out of our argumentative state. I immediately softened up. I made eye contact with her fierce stance. "Is everything okay here?"

"Yeah. The seven of us just need to talk. I'll catch up with you later," I responded. Getting the hint, she nodded and left. I sighed. "I can't have someone watching my every move. I don't need that stress on my subconscious. I get that you don't trust me to not escape, but you have to give me some sort of freedom."

"How good are you with guns?" Namjoon asked.

"Very good," I responded.

"Is there a particular gun that you find easiest to handle?" he asked.

"I knew how to handle most guns back at Jupiter. I'm not certain about the guns here. But I could learn. I'm a fast learner," I said.

"Did you have a pistol gun?" Jimin asked. I nodded. "What kind?"

"Brugger and Thomet MP9, and a single-round pistol," I responded. There were only two types of pistols on Jupiter: the single-round pistol, and the machine pistol.

"I can show you the range of guns that we have. You can choose what you like best," Jimin said. I nodded.

"Next time you're going to be out for a whole day, at least leave a note. Keep that pendant on at all times," Seokjin said, pointing at my neck. I looked down at the light pendant that was hanging down my neck.

"Does it have a tracker or something?" I joked, fiddling with it. Their silence answered my question. "You've got to be kidding me."

"If you ever get kidnapped, then it would be useful," Yoongi said. "That's the only reason we gave you the pendant. We all have trackers on us. Well, we, except Namjoon, have trackers injected inside us. The tracker doesn't work if dipped in liquid metal, something that both you and Namjoon have in common. Namjoon has an earring, you have a small pendant. If you want we can get you something else."

I nodded, understanding their point of view. It was smart of them to get trackers implanted. Reduces the risk of having to give in to the ransom if demanded.

"Why did you go to Serek?" Seokjin asked. "Did they hurt any of you?"

"We went to get a DNA test for Nighter. They didn't seem to have bad intentions," Taehyung cut in.

"Anyways, before I take Nighter to the weaponry," Jimin started. "When are we going to reveal Nighter? Everyone knows about the ship, some even went there to see it, so we got it barricaded. Rumours have already sparked up and people are able to link it to 'the masked boy with two royals at the carnival.' It won't take long until people come knocking at the palace doors for answers."

"One month? That will give us more than enough time to settle down with the bond," Hoseok said. It didn't take a genius to know that he was referring to me when he said 'we'.

"I don't really care, tell them whenever. As long as I don't have to make a speech, or any public appearance, I'm good with whatever," I said.

"You will need to make a public appearance when we announce your identity," Hoseok said.

"Okay, a public appearance. But no speeches," I said.

"Alright. Now that that's settled," Jimin started. "Nighter, let's see your shooting skills."