60. Cold

^Jungkook's POV^

"I'm feeling fine. Can I go now?" I whined for the nth time.

"We... need to figure out what exactly happened to you," he said.

"I know what happened. Can I leave? Your beds are uncomfortable," I retorted, moving my legs out of the blanket.

"What happened?" Yoongi asked, concerned.

"It's how the bond on our side works. If our mates are physically hurt, and in critical condition, we can feel what they feel. In polyamorous bonds we can sometimes get a sense of who's in that condition. The coughing up blood was merely a common symptom of an extreme condition," I explained. "Is Hoseok alright?"

"During the surgery he went into cardiac arrest. He's on a coma," Yoongi said.

"Well in that case, you should be able to leave," the doctor said. "One of the nurses will get your discharge papers."

Once the doctor left, I focused on Yoongi. "How are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine," he replied. "Just worried."

"Hoseok will be fine. Trust me," I comforted. "He'll wake up."

"You don't know that," he retorted

"I do. If he doesn't wake up by the time we go back, I know how to wake him up," I said. Noticing that he wasn't listening, I sat up on the bed. "Come here, Yoongi."

He walked over and climbed into bed with me, cuddling into my chest. "I'm tired," he mumbled.

"I know," I replied. "Give it time, accept it, talk about it with someone you are comfortable with. It will exhaust you more, but don't fight your thoughts, just let them flow."

"I want to go back home," he mumbled. The doctor walked in and handed me a clipboard of the discharge papers.

"We will eventually," I replied, absentmindedly signing the papers.

^Jimin's POV^

"Jimin, we need to head over to Miyoung's cell," Taehyung's monotonous voice snapped me out of solemn state. I looked at his back with pain-filled eyes. Taehyung had turned off his emotions again, he always did that when he couldn't cope with his emotions. It had been a year since Taehyung expressed his emotions. After his parents' death, he closed off completely, even moved to a room of his own and became a workaholic.

He opened up more when Nighter had arrived. It wasn't obvious to most, but we had noticed how protective he had become over Nighter when he came to know of his lack of ability to become a dragon. Taehyung was the only one against the idea of sending Nighter to Serek. It was not subtle that he was scared of Nighter getting hurt.

"Tae," I called out, speed-walking to keep up with him. "Do you want to talk to Nighter?"

There was a small hitch in his step, barely noticeable, but still there. "N-no," he stuttered out, his voice wavering a little. "Let's get the job done. We need to talk to the Southerners after this."

"I spoke to Yoongi a while ago. Nighter and Queen Gina were talking and-" I started, but he cut me off. He stopped in his tracks and looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Is he alright? Did she do something to him?" he asked. I masked my smile at his emotions that were slowly slipping out of their bubble.

"I don't know, Yoongi's not answer-" he didn't let me finish.

"Yoongi what happened to Nighter?" his voice rang through the mindlink. Taehyung was the only one who knew how to link minds with others through me. Since he had the ability to manipulate the mind, it was easier for him to adjust to the wavelength frequency of people's brains. He first linked to my mind, and then linked to Seokjin. Successful first try, but it lasted only for a second before it hurt him. It took him a week to master it.

"He's alright. Apparently when a mate is in a critical medical condition, he feels what they feel," Yoongi explained. "Coughing out blood is a common symptom of knowing that a mate is in critical condition. He's alright, he's signing the discharge papers as we speak."

"Does he know about Hoseok then?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah. He said he may know how to wake him up, but he needs to be there physically," Yoongi replied. "Don't worry about us, Tae. Just get the job done, so we can come home."

Taehyung pursed his lips and left the mindlink. I sent a small 'I love you' to Yoongi before paying attention to the conversation that had started upon Taehyung and my arrival.

"Min Miyoung," Seokjin started, his voice laced with formality and authority. The aforementioned looked up, her cheeks stained with tears that created a clean path along her dirty skin, her eyes swollen and red, and the color of her eyes were a dull grey... a rare symptom of a heartbreak. "You are sentenced to a public execution which will be effective in the morning."