53. Sneak

"Jimin, I really don't think this is a good idea," I whispered as he led the way to the Zone C dungeons.

"Don't worry about it, Nighter. It'll be alright," he whispered. Taehyung stayed close by our side, watching our back while Jimin kept a look out-front. We weren't allowed to go to the dungeons to see Miyoung. Seokjin made that very clear.

I sucked in a breath when my sensitive hearing picked up the sound of faint footsteps near the entrance of the stairs leading to Zone C. Over time, I had come to recognize the footsteps of everyone in the palace. "Seokjin's coming. Hide," I whispered over to the both of them. Taehyung pulled us behind a pillar that was built against the wall and beside a curtain. I was standing in between them as Taehyung carefully peered around the pillar while Jimin held the curtain steady. I focused my hearing on Seokjin's approaching steps.

"Tae!" Jimin whispered, moving closer to me to prevent his feet from being seen from under the curtain. I wrapped an arm around Jimin and pulled him closer so he was well hidden behind the pillar. I put a hand on his mouth as Seokjin came to a stop. Upon my slight nudge, Taehyung moved back beside me. Removing my hand from Jimin's mouth, I signaled Seokjin's presence. Unfortunately the pillar wasn't thick enough to fit the three of us, making the hiding spot extremely cramped. I moved to allow Taehyung to stand against the pillar. Not wanting Jimin to get hurt by being cramped between me and the wall, I leaned against Taehyung who held the curtain in place.

"Show yourselves!" Seokjin's voice boomed. If the situation at hand didn't give away what he was saying, the sound of his sword unsheathing definitely did. Taehyung instinctively grabbed my waist and leaned closer to whisper.

"Don't move," he whispered. No shit detective.

Jimin turned around in my hold, making me realize that my arm was unnecessarily wrapped around him. I pulled my arm back a little, but kept a firm grip on his waist to make sure he doesn't stumble in the midst of our tangled feet. "Make sure the job's done," he whispered. My eyes widened when he slithered out of my hold and walked out into Seokjin's line of view.

"It's just me," Jimin exclaimed. Taehyung wrapped his arm around my waist as if he was worried that I might run out after Jimin, while the other maintained a hold on the curtain.

"Jimin," Seokjin said. The sound of his sword being sheathed brought out a soft sigh of relief from Taehyung and I. "Why are you here? You know Zone C is out of bounds for you."

"I was worried about you. You always go in there alone, I'm worried something will happen," Jimin's innocent soft voice made me raise an eyebrow. That was not at all convincing.

"You know I can defend myself just fine. I always have my sword with me, and I have my powers too," the blue-eyed male responded.

"I know, but I still get worried. You know how I am," the brown-eyed male whined.

"I know, and I love you more and more for it," Seokjin replied. I held back a cringe at the scene, wishing that I was deaf at that particular moment. I was a hopeless romantic and a scene as such would have definitely warmed my heart, maybe even made me flustered. However, knowing that Jimin was stalling for us, only made the scene cringe worthy. The panic in his voice didn't enhance the innocent tone he was going for, it only made it obvious. But, Seokjin was falling for it, so I didn't complain much about it.

"Can you make me some Ramen? I've been craving your cooking for a while now," Jimin said.

"Of course," Seokjin responded. Taehyung's arm loosened around me as the two of them walked off, Jimin's voice fading upon the increase in the distance.

"Let's go," Taehyung said, gently holding my wrist and pulling me along. I made sure the coast was clear as we entered the staircase.

"Your majesty," a sudden voice made me jump in surprise. I peered over Taehyung's shoulder to make eye-contact with a guard. "The King didn't mention your appearance at Zone C."

"I met him just in the hall. I was made aware that his interrogation with the prisoner wasn't satisfactory," Taehyung started. I had noticed how the non-royals spoke to royals differently. The language was more formal and a mix of Victorian and present slang.

"I am required to report to the King of anyone's visit to the Southern Dawners," he said.

"You may tell him if you must report. We mustn't waste time here," Taehyung urged. "While you report to my oldest mate, Nighter and I will be interrogating a prisoner."

"Y-Yes your majesty," the guard stuttered out, bowing before leaving.

"Taehyung," I whispered over to him in a warning tone. I spoke in a normal tone when I was sure that the guard was out of range. "Seokjin's going to come soon."

"Well I guess we have to finish this off quickly," he said, curtly.

"I don't think that it's a good idea to kill Miyoung."