97. Risk

"Your majesty, the King and Queen of Serek demand to speak with you," Yugyeom said.

"Very well then. Show them to the conference room and tell them that I will be there in a minute," Seokjin replied.

"They also request the presence of all princes," he added.

"Alright, I'll make sure they attend. Thank you. You're dismissed," Seokjin responded. I flipped through the file that he was reading five minutes prior to Yugyeom's arrival.

"This is your job? Counting?" I asked. "If this what I'll have to do, there's no way that I'm letting anyone declare me as an official prince."

"Don't worry, we'll make an exception for you. You don't know much about the country anyways," he said. "Let's go, we need to meet your parents."

"They're not my parents," I muttered under my breath, inaudible to him. I trudged behind him to the conference room. I avoided eye contact with King Hyungsik and Queen Gina when Seokjin opened the doors.

"Jungkook," They greeted, standing up when they saw us walk in.

"Prince Jungkook," Seokjin corrected.

"Ah yes, of course. Apologies, King Seokjin. Prince Jungkook," Queen Gina corrected.

"My mates are on their way," Seokjin said. I stationed myself behind him, not wanting to interact with the people who seemed to be hellbent on becoming parents. "Does this meeting concern my country?"

"Unfortunately so," King Hyungsik replied. "I wish we could stop meeting under such circumstances."

"If this meeting concerns my country, then the council must also be present," Seokjin commented, sticking to formality. I could tell the royals of Serek wished to drop formalities, but Seokjin seemed to be having none of it.

"We can wait," Queen Gina said.

-

Hiding under the conference table, I smacked Jimin's hand, trying to distract him from the thumb wrestling match we were having.

"Nighter, what the fuck? That's cheating," Jimin whispered. I stifled a laugh when I pinned his thumb with my own.

"Stop it," Yoongi harshly whispered over to us. He was sitting beside Jimin, and Hoseok was sitting beside me. Jimin and I pulled away and paid attention to the meeting. Namjoon sent us a look from across the table.

"We have received word from our Outland," Queen Gina said. "The Outland is the area that is a part of our country, but out of our jurisdiction."

"Apparently they know about Prince Jungkook's relation to Serek's royal bloodline," King Hyungsik started. "They want to meet him."

"What happens if I decline?" I asked.

"We're not sure," he replied.

"I won't be putting any of my mates or my people on the line," Seokjin stated. "Hitzor has gone through enough."

"I think this is a matter to be discussed in private," one of the Council members said.

"Very well. Excuse us," Seokjin said and stood up. Taking that as a cue, the rest of us also stood up and followed him to the adjacent conference room. Once everyone was seated, he spoke up. "Begin."

"I think it would be a good idea to send Prince Jungkook to Serek," one of the Council members said. "We could create an alliance with them."

"No," Taehyung interjected. "I was there when the King and Queen of Serek told Nighter and I about Serek's past. People were against his birth, because of which, they sent him away. It is clear they don't have any good intentions."

"It's been years since Prince Jungkook was sent away. There may have been a change of heart," another Council member pointed out.

"Why would we risk it?" Jimin asked.

"Declining aid may impact the alliance," a female Council member said.

"I doubt it. Nighter is biologically related to them. I am confident that they won't break ties," Namjoon pointed out.

"At the end of the day, it's Nighter's decision whether he's comfortable making an appearance in front of a community that was ready to kill him 21 years ago," Hoseok said. "And the King's decision whether Nighter will go."

They all looked at me, but I kept my gaze on Seokjin. "What do you think?" I asked him.

"I don't want to risk it," he finalized. "We'll have to decline."

"King Seokjin, with all due respect, this could benefit the country," a female Council member said.

"Or it may kill off the entire royal family," he said. "I will not risk the safety of my mates or the country. That is final."