79. Begging

"N-no Yoongi please!" I begged, tugging at his arm. He was stronger than me, I couldn't pull him away. Tears pricked my eyes as we got closer to the house. "She's a baby! You ran away for a reason, right? You didn't agree with their methods!"

"Nighter. Shut up," he snapped at me, my words going over his head.

"Please I'll do anything!" I begged. He was in control. I had never felt so helpless as he made me feel. I hated it.

I had one more threat. I could threaten him with it, but I knew what would happen to my mental health if I did. The fear was what stopped me from going through with it.

Yoongi swiftly pulled me into an alley and pinned me against the wall. His forearm was against my collarbone, and his other arm rested on my waist. Although he was shorter than me, he always made himself taller than me(metaphorically). He was livid, his judgement clouded by his emotions. "Listen to me very carefully. You do not get to decide what happens to Alex. I do. All this begging will do nothing. So why don't you shut up, and let me take care of this. Another word from you, and you'll deal with the consequences."

"Y-Yoongi I-" he cut me off.

"Shut up. You are to be seen, not heard. We are in South Hitzor, do not act like a brat. While we are here, you are to act as a pet, even if you are my mate," he said. "Do you understand?"

"Why do you need to go to them? Royce doesn't deserve this, Yoongi. If you tell them about her, they'll bring her here. You know Alex will fight. They could kill her," I said.

"She shouldn't have brought herself into such matters," he said. But it was too late, I saw the conflict in his eyes that had come and gone, in a flash, upon my words.

He pulled away and started walking towards the leader's house. "Yoongi, if you do anything that could hurt Alex and her family," I started, pulling the last string I knew would work to protect the three women. "I will kill myself."

He stopped and turned around. I backed up against the wall as he stormed his way to me. I looked anywhere that wasn't his seething face. He grabbed my jaw and forced me to look at him, observing me under the dim light.

"You wouldn't," he challenged after a moment.

"I would," I snapped back. "You want to test it?"

He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by another voice. "Min Yoongi," the leader of the South greeted. We turned our attention to her as she walked into the alley followed by her loyalties. "Why are you here?"

Yoongi stepped away from me, allowing me to straighten up. He glanced at me, contemplating whether I was bluffing or not. I remained stoic, playing Nighter instead of Jungkook.

"We came to check if you received the resources that were part of the deal, and if you needed more," he lied. "We just got a bit sidetracked."

"I see. We have received the resources," she said. "I hope you realize that neither of you are welcomed here. We'll make an exception this time, but we won't be so lenient the next time."

"I understand. I'll be sure to inform our King," he said.

"Send another royal in your stead. It's just the two of you that we hold a grudge against," she said before walking off.

I relaxed once the alley was clear. I looked at Yoongi who was tense. "Shall we go?" I asked. "Or do you want to test your chances?"

He scoffed and stripped out of his clothes. Once he morphed, he harshly nudged my side as if telling me to hurry up. I didn't feel victorious. I was glad that Alex was safe, but I was definitely going to be affected by what I said. I knew the toll it would take on me, and how bad it could get.

All I could do was hope that it wouldn't get worse than the previous time.