87. Comfort

"Hoseok, Jungkook. Wake up," I heard someone say. I groaned when they shook me.

"No," I mumbled into Hoseok's chest.

"Jungkook, you're going to get a stiff neck," Namjoon said.

"I'm comfy," I replied.

"It's fine, we'll carry him," Hoseok replied. Namjoon picked me up and carried me to his horse. He made me sit in front of him, facing him. My head rested on his shoulder, and my thighs overlapped with his to keep the balance. I opened my eyes a little just in time to see Hoseok slowly morph into a dragon and fly off. I hummed in annoyance when the horse started moving, the movement slowly waking me up.

"Why didn't you fly over?" I asked him, turning my head on his shoulder so my face was buried in the crook of his neck. "Horses are annoying."

"You get more sleep time," he replied, patting my lower back. My hands rested on his hips, fisting his shirt. His hands extended around my waist to keep a firm grip on the reins. "And fresh air."

"Okay," I replied, dozing off once I got used to the rhythm of the movement.

-

I cuddled into Hoseok's chest. "I had fun," I mumbled. "Thank you for taking me out."

"Anything for you, bun," he replied, protectively wrapping his arms around you. "I had fun as well."

"Nighter!" Taehyung exclaimed, jumping on the bed behind me.

"What?" I asked him, turning in Hoseok's hold. I felt comfort in his arms. He was there for me when I was vulnerable. I let down my walls in front of him, and I sought comfort from him. Just him.

"I'm bored," Taehyung whined, holding my hand and playing with my fingers.

"That's not my problem," I replied, but running my hand through his fluffy hair anyways. "What do you want to do?"

"Hm... How about we all go to the festival?" he suggested.

"What festival?" I asked.

"Well, more like a carnival. We host a carnival every month so people can have fun. Although the royals don't attend those carnivals, it's out of character for us," he explained. "I don't like being a royal."

"You don't have to be, though. You can just live as a commoner, right?" I asked.

"Seokjin has an obligation to be King. Especially without an heir. Becoming a commoner would mean leaving him. Mate or not, commoners are not allowed to stay at the palace, so we'll have to move out," Taehyung said. "We can't just pack up and leave him. Especially not when the Council is still around."

I made a face at the memory of my first interaction with the Council. "I haven't heard from them in a while," I said.

"That's because they don't meet with the Princes unless it involves them. It's normally only the King who interacts with them," he explained.

"Wow he must have a headache from dealing with them," I commented. A knock on the door broke our conversation. I slithered out of Hoseok's hold and opened the door. "Lana."

"They set up the house," she said. "When do you want to go?"

"It's only been a day," I commented. "We can pack and leave."

She nodded and walked away.

"So you're actually going?" Taehyung asked, sitting up. "I mean, I know you were. I didn't know it was so soon. I thought we had two more days."

"I have to go," I said, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh alright," he said. He got up from my bed, walked past me and out the door. I looked at Hoseok, who was staring at me with a stoic expression, but gentle eyes.

"You need the break. Don't feel guilty for doing what's best for you," he said. He got up and started walking out. "I'll check on him, you get to packing. I'll send Jimin to help you once he's done with his work."

Then I was left alone in my room. I could feel the cold when the warmth, from before, walked out with my mates.