4. Public Execution II

*Mature language*

"JUNGKOOK!" I heard my girlfriend scream as two guards were dragged me through the crowd and towards the space shuttle.

"For fucks sake, guys. Give me a second," I snapped, ripping my hands from their grips. My girlfriend, Lana, ran over to me and hugged me. She cried into my shoulder as I hugged her waist and tried to calm her down.

"Hey, it's okay. Take care of yourself, okay?" I said.

"I promise," she whispered. "I care about you."

"I care about you too," I whispered. Lana and I had an agreement. We wouldn't say 'I love you' to anyone other than our mate. We both believed in the fact that mates had more intimacy than normal relationships. Lana and I were deeply attracted to each other. It took two years of friendship before Lana confessed. Neither of us had found our mates, so we took the opportunity to date. We agreed that if either of us finds our mates, we will leave the other for them.

She sobbed when the guards ripped the two of us apart and dragged me to the shuttle. They pushed me into the space shuttle, my hands bound behind me with handcuffs. They forced a seatbelt on me. "Sucks to be you, doesn't it, allda?" the male guard mocked.

(Allda= traitor)

"Shouldn't I be asking you that? You're the one with the bitchy queen," I retorted, earning a punch to the jaw.

"I hope you fucking rot in hell pik!" he growled.

(Pik= bitch)

"Honey, if there's anyone who's going to hell, it's your homophobic ass," I snapped, earning another punch. "I don't see you denying it."

He growled harshly as he scratched my wounded shoulder, peeling the blood clot. I hissed in pain. I could feel the blood seep through my shirt. He cockily walked off as I yelled curses at him. Someone else was probably controlling the ship because the window/door thing closed over me.

"Jeon Jungkook," the Queen's voice rang through. "May you survive Planet Dagon."

"Just send me off already, you two-faced bitch," I snapped. She let out an annoyed sigh, and I knew it was because the public was watching. There was a camera in the shuttle, which would stop working once I left the atmosphere. I sighed as reality hit me like a truck.

I was going to die. I left my girlfriend and her brother with the money I made over the year. They could barely afford education, so I took up the night-time job. I worked as a florist to save up for my own higher education plans. Well, that goes down the drain, doesn't it?

I closed my eyes once I entered the airless void with the white dots floating around and a humongous planet behind me. "Engine powering up. Destination: Fomalhaut b," the AI's monotonous voice rang through the shuttle. I sighed, mentally preparing myself for my death as the shuttle zoomed through space.

Information:

Fomalhaut b, formally named Dagon, is 25 light-years away from Earth. It was known to orbit around the star Fomalhaut, and it was directly detectable in visible light: extremely rare for exoplanets, which are usually too small and faint to be seen. Until 2014, astronomers were shocked. The putative planet hadn't just changed, it had disappeared before astronomers' eyes after being detected multiple times. A new theory suggests the would-be planet was actually a cloud of debris leftover from a collision between two large icy objects.

 A new theory suggests the would-be planet was actually a cloud of debris leftover from a collision between two large icy objects