12. Peachy

^Seokjin's POV^

"How is he?" Yoongi asked when Jisung walked out of the room. Earlier Jimin had used his telepathic powers to inform us of Nighter's situation. Worried about our last mate, we all rushed to the bathroom.

"His health is... not very good. I think it's the change in atmospheric pressure that's causing him such problems. I'll have to run a few tests to see what I can do to make his body adjust to Dagon's atmosphere," Jisung explained. "You can see him for a few minutes. I need to discuss some things with Kita. Don't crowd him." Kita was his mate as well as a part of the royal medical team.

We walked in to see our mate peacefully sleeping. He was pale and had a bunch of tubes connected to him.

"If he's our mate, how are we supposed to keep him by our side if he can't survive?" Jimin asked. I occupied the seat beside Nighter's bed and pulled him on to my lap. He tucked his head under my chin and started playing with my fingers.

"We'll figure something out," I comforted. But I knew better than to lie. Never had we come across anyone from another planet. We didn't know how Nighter's body worked. When Jisung returned with Kita, we all had to leave the room.

-

^Jungkook's POV^

When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was that I was in pain. Severe pain. The second thing I noticed was that I had a tough time breathing. I let out a soft groan of pain as I tried to shift myself into a sitting position.

"Oh, Nighter!" Jisung exclaimed in shock when he entered the room with a brown-haired woman. "You're awake. How are you feeling?"

"Peachy," I croaked out, breaking into a heavy fit of coughs. The woman gave me a tissue box from which I put a tissue against my mouth while coughing. I pulled it away from my mouth to see blood in the tissue. "What the hell is happening to me?"

"Your body is finding it difficult to adjust to our atmosphere. We were planning on running some tests to see what's wrong. We need your consent for that. Here's the paperwork, and a pen. If you consent, just sign at the bottom. Every test we're going to be doing is mentioned in the paperwork. You have the right to withdraw from the tests at any time, you also have the right to deny any test you feel uncomfortable with," he said. "Your rights are also mentioned in the paperwork. Kita and I will leave you to make the decision. Your mates will be coming in, now."

He and Kita turned to leave the room. "Wait," I stopped them. I held out the clipboard with the pen. "I do not consent to any tests."

Kita looked at me in worry. "Are you sure? We could figure out what's wrong with your body. The atmospheric change was just a theory," she said. I narrowed my eyes on her.

"Yes, I'm sure," I responded. Jisung took the clipboard and walked out. I heard mumbling on the other side of the door and tried to eavesdrop, but I broke into a fit of coughs again.

"Nighter!" Seokjin yelled, walking into the room. I winced in pain when the headache increased. He spoke in a softer voice. "Why did you refuse the tests?"

"Cause I'll be fine in two hours," I responded. "I'm healing."

"Do you... Do you feel the bond?" Jimin asked.

"N-no," I said, looking down at my bloody tissue. I had deliberately avoided eye contact with them. I could feel a tingling sensation in my chest, but it was faint. Probably because of my weak body. On Jupiter, the soulmate bond symptoms varied with each bond. Although, most common was eye contact and physical contact.

Hoseok walked over to me and lifted my head to make me look at him. I looked elsewhere. "What's your real name?" he asked. He sat on the narrow empty bed space beside my thigh.

"That's none of your concern," I snapped, looking back down at the tissue in my hand. I reached over and grabbed a fresh tissue when I felt a cough moving up my throat. "Leave me alone. I want to sleep."

"You guys go to the meeting. I'll stay," Seokjin said in... Korean? Pretty sure that was what the guard called it.

"Seokjin, you're the king. If you're not there, then the meeting is pointless," Namjoon said.

"Just leave already. I want to sleep," I huffed out.

"Taehyung, stay with him. We'll be back in two hours or so," Namjoon said. Once everyone left, Taehyung took a seat on the stool beside me.

"Let's get to know each other, shall we?" he asked.