37. Wicked Witch of the West

"Nighter, stop it. You're going to get hurt," Yoongi said. I was holding the chain that kept me restrained to the wall, and pulled at it to break it from the wall.

"Well... worth it," I responded. The basement door opened and Miyoung walked in. "Oh, the Wicked Witch of the West."

"What do you want?" Yoongi asked. "You do realize that you will be sentenced to death once you're captured?"

"If we get captured," she said.

Yoongi's hands flickered with fire as his emotions got out of hand. I saw Miyoung's eyes quickly glance at his hands before looking back at Yoongi with pursed lips.

"Yoongi," I called out, grabbing his attention. "Stop with the fire. Control your emotions."

He looked confused but complied. Miyoung looked at me. "I should have chained Yoongi to the wall instead of you," she said. I glared at her, knowing she was feigning the fear. It was obvious. "His fire is too weak in this room to melt the chains."

Yoongi moved closer to me when the cell door opened and five people walked in. Two women were holding guns and kept them trained at us, two men were carrying food and water bottles while the fifth had the keys to my chains. The food was placed near the wall across us. Yoongi watched cautiously as the guy with the keys freed my wrists from the chains and instantly moved back. They filed out of the cell, the armed women being the last to leave.

I clenched my jaw at the pain of my stiff arms and sore wrists. I hid my wrists in my hoodie pockets to prevent the enemies from seeing my healing rate.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi whispered over to me. I nodded, keeping my eyes on our kidnappers.

"One is poisoned, the other is not. Have fun!" Miyoung mocked as she led the group of people out of the room. I removed my already healed, yet still sore, hands out of the pocket.

Yoongi sat down and took a whiff of both food trays. "They both smell the same," he reported. "They look the same too. I can eat one of them, and we can tell which one is not poisoned."

I looked at him with a blank face. "Did you lose your brain cells with your powers or something?" I asked. "Jupitarians are immune to poison, the silver flushes it out within a minute of consumption. Where's the bathroom in this place?"

"Good question," Yoongi commented, searching for a toilet. I cracked my arm muscles, feeling a moment of pain before relief as my muscles relaxed. He kicked a part of the wall, causing it to swing in and reveal a toilet. I watched in confusion as the bowl filled with water. Where was the water before it came out? "It's not very hygienic, but I think it'll make do."

I shrugged, not very disgusted by the toilet. The orphanage had bathrooms as such, and my adoptive mother didn't exactly let me use the clean bathrooms when my father wasn't home. You could say that I knew how to use it without infecting myself.

I took a bite of the food and hesitantly swallowed. I didn't mention that there was a possibility that Dagian poison could infect me, and quite possibly, end up killing me. The reaction was instant, I ran over to the toilet and let out everything I consumed. I could tell the poison barely got the chance to enter my bloodstream, but the little amount that did surely provoked a reaction.

Yoongi rubbed my back to help me empty the poison. I coughed, my mouth trying to produce as much saliva as it could to moisten my dry mouth. I could feel the little amount of poison in my blood flow through my body. the silver was fighting hard to dominate the infection, weakening my body.

"That tasted horrible," I commented, once I was done. Yoongi gave me some water to drink.

"Of course it did. It's poisonous," Yoongi retorted. He picked up the chopsticks to eat food, but I stopped him before he could.

"They want your DNA for your powers," I said. "Miyoung was looking at your fire weirdly. She wants it. DNA is probably the fastest way she's going to be able to isolate the genes that give you your powers. So keep your saliva in your mouth."

"I can just get rid of the saliva on the chopsticks once I'm done eating," he said. "I'll dunk it in the toilet."

"If they're skilled enough, they should still be able to isolate the DNA. You can't risk it," I said. "You eat first, then I'll eat. We use the same chopsticks, then you use your fire to mess up the extraction, and then mix it with the toilet water and dirt. That should alter the DNA and mess up whatever they're planning on doing."

"Sounds good," he replied.