Rise of the Spinjitzu Masters

Lacey frowns as Dr

Lacey frowns as Dr. Julian finishes bandaging her leg, Lloyd stood behind her, his hands on her shoulders.

"Can I still fight?" Lacey asked, looking up at her.

"Hmm, I'm sorry. That leg will take weeks to heal," Julian told her sadly.

"We don't have weeks," Lacey grunts as she moves her leg.

"The battle between good and evil will be decided today " Wu said as he stroked his beard.

"And we can't even get to the fight, much less get off this island," Kai grumbled.

"Ah. I wonder if I'll ever see Nya again." Jay sighs, breathing out.

"Perhaps it's best to think of our friends as we remember them in our hearts, not as they are now." Zane said, shaking his head.

A few feet away, Lloyd was kneeling in front of Lacey, a concerned look on his face.

Lacey let's out a grunt and tries to stand up but to no avail, she huffed. "I'm useless." She muttered.

"Of course not," Lloyd said frowning.  "You're not useless, you're just hurt."

"Ugh!" She stands up, putting pressure on her leg that's not broken. She falls but Lloyd catches her.

Lloyd sighs and hauls her up, bridal style. She blushes as he walks over to the group and puts her down, his arm still wrapped around her to make sure she leans on him and doesn't fall.

"But I don't remember my father any other way," Lloyd speaks up.

"Your father loved you. It was the evil of the Great Devourer that corrupted him," Misako told him softly, looking regretful.

"Sensai, I don't understand. The prophecy said the Green and Guardian Ninjas would defeat the Dark Lord. Why didn't we win?" Kai questioned as he threw a pebble in the water.

"I...don't know..." Wu sighs, looking away.

"Don't know? You're Sensei! You always know! You have a long white beard!" Jay exclaimed as he hastily pointed at him.

"There must be some message to learn. A lesson. A word of wisdom. Just a word? Something." Kai said desperately. 

"For once, I'm afraid there is nothing to learn. Only that evil has won," Wu said, shaking his head.

Lacey looks down, dejected. The Overlord was probably already taking over Ninjago City. He must have already turned Ninjago dark.

"If Sensei doesn't have a lesson, then I do. I used to be nothing but trouble, but then I met you guys and Lacey. You took me in. Showed me the importance of being brave, the importance of being strong. And most importantly, being good. When this battle first began, when the First Spinjitzu Master fought the Overlord and his back was up against the wall and he knew it was all over, did he quit? No. He found a way to keep the fight going. He passed his Elemental powers to us. Of all people, a bunch of kids. But there must have been a reason he chose us. I'd like to think it's because he knew we'd never back down, we'd never give up. We've learned the ancient ways of the Ninja. And Ninja Never Quit!" Lloyd says, looking at everyone.