Day of the Great Devourer

******

******

Sensei, " Kai whispers, swallowing hard as the Devourer swallows him and Pythor.

"Sensei," Lacey whispered, her blue eyes glistening with unshed tears.

"No," Jay whispers, he swallows his fear as the Devourer spots them. "Oh, maybe if we stand perfectly still....."

"Run!" Kai yelled, turning around to run back to the Bounty.

Jay trips over his feet, he quickly gets up, glancing behind him. "Wait! Wait for me!" He screams.

"Fire up the engines." Nya orders as she stood in the Bridge of the Destiny's Bounty. She pauses. "I said fire up the engines!"

"There's no wind." Lloyd shakes his head, getting down from where he styod on a box to stare out the window. "And we only have reserved fuel,"

"Use it," Nya states, typing on the keyboard. She glances up when the guys and Lacey run in, nearly tripping over their own feet.

"Uh, hate to tell you this, but objects in the mirror are closer than they appear!" Jay said loudly, looking out the window with a rising panic.

"Working on it. Blasters on full." Nya says and pushes the button, they start at a strong and full force, flying away from the giant snake.

"Whoo-hoo! Take that, you stupid snake" Kai exclaims, looking out the window.

"Uh, I think it heard you." Jay scowls, hearing it roar and gain on them.

"Nya, we gotta go faster. That thing is gaining on us," Kai said scurrying to his sister.

"We're going as fast as we can. I'll try to make it to Scattered Canyon." She says, biting her bottom lip nervously.

"Probability of us making it that far is less than 8 percent." Zane states, unhelpfully may I add.

"Never tell me the odds!" Nya snaps, her eyes growing irritated.

"Nya, we have to go faster!" Lacey yells, her eyes still holding sadness for the man who raised her, but also for the rising panic.

"I'm trying!"

"It's coming in for another attack. Port side!" Cole yelled looking out the window, hr grabs onto the ledge as the ship tilts.

"We're losing speed. We'll drop to the ground pretty soon." Lloyd tells them.

"Throw everything overboard," Nya states all of a sudden.

"What?" Everyone asked in confusion.

"Why?" Lacey questioned, she shakes her head in confusion.

"We need to lose some weight," Nya says, she turns the wheel and nearly knocks them over at the speed they were going.