Chapter 40 - The Corridor Of Elders

Lucy ended up incapable of creating her dragon. She 'guessed' it was because of her memories still being really fuzzy, and everyone believed her. However she knew that it was because of her fear of her new element.

Lucy rode with Lloyd back to Ninjago.

Upon arrival in Ninjago, they expected chaos however there was nothing. People panicked upon seeing Skylor, who had turned into an Anacondrai.

They had to leave quickly and arrived at the Samurai X Cave.

"You're all back." An older woman with grey hair saw them arrive. "Lloyd!"

Lucy studied two of the three elders in front of her. She immediately recognized Sensei Wu, and she somewhat recognized the other two. One of them was the woman and the other was an older man who looked like an Anacondrai.

"Mom!" Lloyd ran forward and hugged the woman. "Dad—what happened?"

"That's a good question." Kai agreed.

Lucy was confused. Sure she expected there to be a long time between her last memories, from when she was really little, and now since she seemed to be older however Garmadon being human—or snake—now? And her mother being back?

"Do you remember them?" Nya appeared beside her and asked softly.

"I... kind of? Not really." Lucy shook her head while the five ninja explained to the adults what had happened.

"What do you remember?" Nya asked.

"The Great Devourer. It exploded cause Dad killed it with your guys' help and Uncle Wu came out." Lucy answered, unsure. "Nothing really after that. Little bits. Lloyd got a golden dragon and fought a black one, and I got powers while fighting pirates at some point during that."

Nya sighed. "Well Lloyd saved your father and he returned to the light, we met Misako, your mother, and now they're back. You forgave Misako too." She winked.

Lucy nodded. "Do I have to act like I remember them?"

"I'll handle it." Nya assured her.

They looked back to the others. Kai had just finished explaining the spell.

"Now everyone with their tattoos were turned into snakes. Skylor too." He finished.

"And—and!" Lloyd piped up. "We found Lucy!"

All three of the adults smiled at the mention of the younger girl.

They saw her by Nya.

Lucy waved shyly.

"Lucy." Misako breathed.

"Yeah well, see she also has some memory problems." Nya said, diverting their attention to her. "So she doesn't actually remember either of you as you are right now—she doesn't remember really anything after the Great Devourer. So... I did tell her who you guys are though!"

They just smiled at her.

Lucy nodded back. "It's nice to meet you I guess. But there isn't much time." She straightened. "The other masters are on standby and we don't know where Chen will strike first. We should focus more on that right now rather then my memory."

"Right," Cole agreed and helped change the subject, "and if we're not all there to stop him when he first attacks..."

"Ninjago will succumb to war. Our greatest fear will come to reality." Zane said, nodding.

Wu hummed. "Then the greatest victory will be that which has no battle."

"But how do we prevent a war? How do we stop an enemy we know so little about?" Jay questioned.