Chapter 23 - Rise of the Spinjitzu Master

Dr. Julian bandaged Lloyd's leg.

"Can I still fight?" Lloyd asked.

"Hmm, I'm sorry. That leg will take weeks to heal." Dr. Julian sighed.

"We don't have weeks." He grunted.

"The battle between good and evil will be decided today." Sensei said.

"And we can't even get to the fight, much less get off this island." Kai huffed.

"Ah. I wonder if I'll ever see Nya again." Jay sighed. "Or Lucy."

"Perhaps it's best to think of our friends as we remember them in our hearts, not as they are now." Zane suggested.

"But I don't remember my father any other way." Lloyd said.

"Your father loved you. It was the evil of the Great Devourer that corrupted him." Misako told them.

"Sensei, I don't understand. The prophecy said the Green Ninja would defeat the Dark Lord. Why didn't we win?" Kai asked.

"I... don't know." Sensei sighed.

"Don't know? You're Sensei! You always know. You have a long white beard!"

"But there must be some message to learn. A lesson. A word of wisdom. Just a word? Something." Kai insisted.

"For once, I'm afraid there is nothing to learn. Only that evil has won." Sensei sighed.

"If Sensei doesn't have a lesson, then I do." Lloyd got up, putting his weight on one leg. "I used to be nothing but trouble and I dragged Lucy into it too, but then I met you guys. You took me in. Showed us the importance of being brave, the importance of being strong. And most importantly, being good. When this battle first began, when the First Spinjitzu Master fought the Overlord and his back was up against the wall and he knew it was all over, did he quit? No. He found a way to keep the fight going. He passed his Elemental Powers to us. Of all people, a bunch of kids. But there must have been a reason he chose us. I'd like to think it's because he knew we'd never back down, we'd never give up. We've learned the ancient ways of the ninja. And ninja never quit." Lloyd preached.

"He's right. We can't just give up now. We have to do something. And if that means we have to swim through the entire ocean to do it, then so be it." Cole decided.

"The entire ocean? But I didn't bring my floaties." Jay said.

Kai mumbled something none of them caught, nor noticed for that matter.

"Well, if you got a better plan..." Cole raised an eyebrow.

"I don't, but he may." Zane pointed to his Falcon.

"Ooh, the Falcon. He must have found something."

Everyone climbed up a mountain on Kai's Fire Mech. They arrived at the Temple of Light.

"You brought us back to the Temple of Light? I do not understand. We've already been here." Zane looked at the Falcon with confusion.

"This location, I've seen this before. I just never understood it." Misako looked at a scroll with the Temple's layout.

"I think I found something. It's just like the map." Kai inserted his Elemental Blade inside a slot.

"There's one more over there." Sensei pointed.

"And here."

"And over here."

All of the five pillars had an empty slot.

They found the slots and the adults plus Lloyd were down.

"Lucy has her blade. We cannot use this."

The four Ninja all went "weellll..."