Chapter 15 - Ninjaball Run

Lloyd was standing on their hands, Zane was balancing on his feet. Jay and Kai was on his shoulders and Cole on their's. Sensei was on Cole's shoulders and he had his tea set. Lucy was nervously watching.

"Focus." Sensei said as he proceeded to pour some tea. "In order to bear the fate of Ninjago on your shoulders, you must first learn to bear the weight of all of us and to do so together."

They were all trying to keep balance.

"Focus."

"Sensei, I'm starting to think this was a bad idea." Jay said.

"Yeah, Sensei, he's just a kid." Cole agreed.

"In order for him to succeed, we must all trust one another." Sensei said.

Outside, some machinery is heard and a wrecking ball slammed into the wall, making everyone fall and land on the ground.

"What was that?" Cole coughed.

They get up and see a builder and foreman, wearing hardhats, who unexpectedly notice the Ninja.

Dareth came running in from behind beaded doorway. "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! This wasn't supposed to happen until tomorrow!"

"Tomorrow?" The foreman questioned and turned to the builder. "Let me see that order." The builder handed him the order slip and he looks at it. "Oh, yeah. My bad. Sorry about that. We'll be back in the morning." They both leave.

Lloyd helped Lucy stand and they both looked at Dareth, who groaned as he picked up one of his 'trophies', which was bent.

"Uh, Dareth, what is this all about?" Cole asked.

"Well, I fell behind on some of my payments and some developer named Darnagom Enterprises is buying the entire block to put in some stupid frisbee-golf course. They say if I don't come up with 50,000 by tomorrow, the dojo is gone."

"But, we already lost the Bounty. We can't lose the dojo now." Jay protested.

"My trophies. Oh, my fakes trophies!" Dareth sobbed.

"Wait a minute. 'Darnagom?' When you rearrange the letters, it spells—"

"'O grandma'?" Jay guessed.

"No! Garmadon!" Kai corrected angrily.

"Right." Jay laughed nervously. "That would make more sense."

"Um, our dad is behind this?" Lloyd asked.

"If he destroys the dojo, where will we train Lloyd?" Cole asked.

"Any chance you got 50,000 in that teapot of yours." Dareth asked Sensei.

"Worry not, Dareth. You're not in this alone. We're all with you."

Nya came in smiling. "Did someone say 50,000—"

Jay gasped. "You didn't happen to win the lottery?"

"No, but I heard about Ninjaball Run!"

"Ninjaball Run?" They all repeated questioningly.

"It's the biggest road race in Ninjago, with a prize of 100,000 big ones. And it's tomorrow." Nya explained.

"I thank you, little lady fighter, but you're talking about the most dangerous race known to man. Only the most serious of racers even stand a chance." Dareth sighed.

"But didn't you just do a few upgrades on our Ultra Sonic Raider? Maybe we might stand a chance." Kai said.

"And I—we can enter with my Dragon. You did say I needed the practice." Lloyd said, correcting himself at Lucy's short glare.