Chapter 33 - Where Is Lloyd?

Three Months Ago

A boy was shoved into a cell, he spun around fast and tried to keep the door from slamming shut but was a second too late.

"Hey!" He tried to push the door open, break it down, something. But it didn't work.

"Give up. We took your powers, you're lucky we aren't sending you to the factory." A guy with a snake helm and purple tattoos snapped.

The boy glared at them.

The thug laughed and left the cell block.

The boy groaned as he sat down and leaned against the wall.

"Geez, I'm an idiot." He muttered. "I should've told Kai what I found—No, he would've gotten caught too."

"Hello?" A feminine voice called from the next cell over. "Harsh first day?"

"Who... yeah I guess you could say that." He sighed. Running a hand through his hair stressfully.

"Well, I'm not exactly someone who's been here a long time but I can say that it's not that bad after the first week. Unless you have friends and family who'll come for you."

"I take it you don't?"

"No, I don't. But... well... what's the harm in telling someone I don't even know my life story? I don't remember my past before being here. Not clearly at least. I remember places, events, adventures, but I don't remember details. Colors, names, faces... in short I know what I've done but not who I've met."

"Wow, that probably sucks."

"Yeah, but it's not a big deal. Even if they did come for me, they wouldn't. Last thing I remember was fighting a giant spider thingie and I think I died or something. I don't know but they aren't coming."

"Oh..."

"What about you? What's your story?"

"Well... I'm one of the Ninja who are supposed to protect Ninjago. We defeated the Great Devourer, and the Overlord twice. My little sister died just over a month ago, defeating the Overlord the second time." He trailed off.

"Are you ok?"

"Better. I wasn't that good at first. But probably a week ago, I found a scroll in my father's study. Depicting the element of Aether."

"I've never heard of that... which makes sense. What is Aether?"

"Uhh, let's see what do I remember... Aether is a power that allows control over elemental... uhh, cosmic. And.... spiritual—spiritual and transcendental forces. It's considered divine power, the Elemental Master that can control Aether can be considered god-like, essentially becoming invincible once they learn how to use it to its fullest extent. It was an inherited trait until the last Elemental Master of Aether died, from what I can remember it supposedly jumped to the person who would use the power for good... which happened to be my sister."

There was a short silence before the girl in the cell beside the boy's spoke up. "From what you've already said... I take she wasn't exactly taught how to control her powers properly?"

"No. Looking back... she wasn't exactly trained. Our uncle trained me and my friends how to use our powers but she was overlooked. Even though she had so much potential."

"Wow... I'm sorry for your loss."

"No, she's not dead. Not anymore."

"Wait what?"

He elaborated. "Another way to think of Aether, is the power of creation. It can literally create things from the cosmic forces of the world. And a little trick with the Master of Aether and their powers, is if they are at a life threatening experience, as if they're actually about to die and they're not properly trained to use the element properly, it won't let them die. Not completely."

"What... what do you mean?"

"The element itself will use its creation power to save its master. From what I understood, a human soul doesn't die. It's moved. So with the power to create, it can create a newly working body for the master's soul at a cost... I couldn't figure out what the cost was."

"You're looking for your sister." The girl realized. "She was trained, she had Aether, and she died. You believe —and from your evidence it could very well be true— she indirectly saved her soul."

"Exactly."

"Which is why you started looking for her and you got captured and stuck here."

"Yeah."

"Well then, I hope you find her soon."

"Thanks..."

Silence filled the air in both cells.

After a few minutes, the boy broke the silence once more.

"What's your name?"

"To be honest, no idea. I mean... I know my name means light. I don't know how but I do. Whatever my name is, it means light." She said, which was a very weird detail to remember. "I know that 'Alina' means light."

"So Alina?"

"Know what, yeah, let's go with that. What about you?"

"I'm Lloyd."

Two months ago

"I'm telling you! This giant snake exploded and an old dude just came out of it's guts drinking tea!"

Lloyd laughed. He and Alina had both been stuck in their cells for a month, well, she'd been here for two months but still. He still had his hopes up for the Ninja to come find him, but they weren't high. No one had any idea where he was.

Though the stories Alina remembered experiencing always overlapped with Lloyd's own experiences.

"No, I believe you." Lloyd assured her, still laughing lightly. "I was there too. The giant snake was the Great Devourer, the old guy was my uncle."

That caused more laughter from Alina. "Y-Your uncle came from the stomach of a giant snake—DRINKING TEA?!"

"Yeap."

"Wow, well every family has an oddball."

Lloyd scoffed. "He's not the oddball. That would be my Dad who has tried to take over the world for years. He's the one who killed the Great Devourer and he also allowed the Overlord to use his body —true not exactly allowed but he did it— to try and take over Ninjago."

"Oh? You sure you aren't in a family of oddballs because from what you've told me about you, being the prophesied savior sounds like being the oddball."

"You know, that may be true."

"Oh! I have another story."

"Hit me."

"There was four guys, and we'd just left a creepy tunnel, when we saw their duplicates. Four teenaged boys staring at their identical lookalike. The funny thing is that while they fought, they couldn't land a proper blow on each other because of their completely equal thoughts and moves. Not until a bunch of kids ran in and confused the bad doppelgängers.

Lloyd furrowed his eyebrows. That exchange was most definitely the time Garmadon had created the Bizarro Ninja and had them attack him and the Ninja at Darkley's, which also happened to be the day that the boys at Darkley's tried to brainwash Lloyd into becoming evil again.

But what Alina just told him was way too... correct. Too close.

"Hey Alina... what do you look like from what you can tell?"

"Well that's a weird question. But I don't know. There's not exactly a mirror in here and it's pretty dark... really dark." She added in a mutter.

"Ok..."

"Talk later? I want to sleep."

"Ok,—even though it's day— good night."

Done. What'd you think?

Btw I will be inactive for the rest of the weekend. I'm going to the mountains and well, no service (plus I'm not allowed to bring any electronics).

So what do you think? I like Alina. No she isn't replacing Lucy, everything is planned out accordingly but I'm really excited for the next season.

💜 ~ Bye!