Chapter 31 - The Invitation

In a jungle, Kai and Zane ran through, attacking several Nindroids along the way before they entered a cave.

"Ninja, go!" They cried simultaneously, using their Spinjitzu and turning into a tornado of red and white. They destroyed several Nindroids and Kai dropped down a hole, he tried to reach the Golden Armor but failed as it disappeared due to being a hologram.

"You got closer than I thought you would." The two Ninja got up as their surroundings all disappeared. Borg and Wu were right there. "But then again, I didn't think you'd be quite so rough on my security droids." Borg looked at the Nindroids.

"If we can't steal the Golden Armor, I would be surprised if anyone else could." Zane said as they started walking with Borg and Wu. "It's certainly secure, but where is the real one?"

"Some secrets are best kept safe." Borg chuckled.

"Where are Cole and Jay?" Wu asked. I asked for all of you to take part in this test."

"Uh, they—uh—they really wanted to be here, but they—uh... had other plans." Kai tried.

"I understand perfectly well. The loss of Lucy has affected us all." Borg sighed. "Even Lloyd went missing not to long ago."

"If we dwell too long on what's missing, we fail to see what can be gained. The absence of Lucy and Lloyd will either tear you four apart, or bring you closer together. The choice is yours." Wu said.

Kai glanced at Zane. The answer was obvious. The two of them were much closer than before. Despite their elements and personalities being completely different, Kai being the hotheaded one and Zane the coolheaded one, they still were way closer than before. They were something of actual brothers, however either of theirs relationship with Cole or Jay, much different.

"We'll do what we can, but it won't be easy, Sensei." Zane nodded.

"The greatest lessons never are."

They walked outside.

"So... how are we going to do this?" Kai asked.

"We could both convince one to meet up." Zane suggested.

"We could meet at Mister Chen's Noodles." Kai pointed out.

Zane nodded in agreement and they split up, Zane to go find and convince Cole to meet up with them, and Kai to go convince Jay of the same.

Kai and Zane were the only ones who stayed. Well, Lloyd did as well. In the early days after Lucy died, Lloyd did not do well. Kai would've left had circumstances been different, but he felt the need to help Lloyd. Zane never considered the idea of leaving, the Ninja were his family and there wasn't even a chance he would leave.

Then out of the blue, Lloyd disappeared about a month after the funeral.

It had been three months since he disappeared, four since Lucy died.

Not a sign of him came up.

But Kai still didn't leave. He had to stay for Nya now.

The four Ninja all met up in Chen's Noodle House, where they just talked.

Zane was trying to reason Cole and Jay into making up and joining them. Kai tried to help as well, convince them to join back and he added in how Nya was and how she just missed them.

Then a group of thugs with purple tattoos came in.

"Oh. Don't look now, but we've got trouble." Jay said.

The thugs force the cashier to open the cash register, he gave them the money. Then one of them grabbed the cashier and put him on the conveyor belt.

"Check it out." The thugs laughed.