Chapter 28 - The End

Lucy arrived and gasped. Skyscrapers were pressed together and made it a fortress. She didn't see the Ninja anywhere, so she went inside. How? Through a huge hole at the base.

Lucy drove into the city and saw a huge golden tornado, Spinjitzu, chase after five blurs of color.

"Hey!" Lucy sent a beam of Aether at the Overlord. "Leave them alone!"

Lucy turned around and drove fast as the Overlord chased her.

"LUCY!" Lucy saw Lloyd waving at her from inside a temple. She headed towards him and drifted to a stop before running inside.

"Brother, now!" Sensei's Wu and Garmadon closed the doors just as Lucy ran in.

"Activate the shield." Garmadon ordered. They managed to do so just before the Overlord could enter. He hit the shield and couldn't go further.

The Overlord ordered the Nindroids to try to break the shield.

Lloyd turned toward Lucy and pulled her into a tight hug which she quickly returned.

"What happened?!" He demanded.

"I should ask you the same." She shot back. "Which of us lost our power?"

He sighed. "You went missing for three days. Explain?"

"I got lost." She shrugged. "Tell you more later, but shouldn't we, I don't know, TAKE CARE OF THE GIANT GOLDEN THING OUTSIDE?!"

The Ninja stiflied their laughter before Lucy turned her glare on them.

"Don't get me started on you guys. You went to SPACE without me! Come on! You know I love stars!" Lucy glared.

"Not right now, Lucy. We don't have time for that." Kai rolled his eyes.

Lucy sighed while Lloyd turned to Borg.

"You said you had a weapon that could stop him?" Lloyd asked.

"I do. It's my best protected secret." Borg nodded and a protected crate rose up from the floor.

"What is it?" Jay asked eagerly.

"It is well-protected." Zane noticed as Borg began to open it.

"Is it an ancient curse?" Lloyd guessed.

"I say fire power." Kai quipped.

"I hope it rocks!" Cole joked.

Lucy facepalmed. 'Why d0 I hang out with these idiots?'

"Is it dangerous? Is it alive? Does it come with a manual? Is it a—a—a pill!?" Jay gasped.

Borg had brought out a pill. "Ah, not just any pill, a nano pill. For all of time, scientists have been searching for the holy grail of inventions. A diet pill that actually works!"

Garmadon stepped forward. "Wait until you are old, you'll see why it's so important. Tell me, Borg. Does it work?"

"No. But the nanotechnology inside has an adverse effect. It not only shrinks your waistline, but miniaturizes you as well." Borg explained.

"You've made a shrinking pill?" Zane asked.

"How is anyone supposed to swallow that thing? It's the size of your hand! Only a snake that can unhinge its jaw or something huge could swallow that—Or a giant Overlord." Lucy realized.

"Let me get this straight." Kai started. "You want us to get close to this guy, who has armor that with the mere tough, would make us toast, and you want us to give him a pill?"