Chapter 11 - Day of the Great Devourer

⬆️ Read the pic ⬆️ it's funny 😂

"Run!" Kai shouted.

Lloyd had already grabbed his sister's hand and was running toward the Bounty.

"Fire up the engines." Nya ordered the kids. "I said fire up the engines!"

"There's no wind. And we only have reserved fuel." Lloyd informed her.

"Use it." The older girl said and the rest of the team make it to the Destiny's Bounty.

"Uh, hate to tell you this, but OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR." Jay panicked.

"Working on it. Blasters on full." Said Nya and just as the Great Devourer tried to take a bite out of the ship they blasted off.

"WHOO-HOO! TAKE THAT YOU STUPID SNAKE!" Kai cheered.

"Uh, I think it heard you." Jay said as the snake sped up.

"Nya, we gotta go faster. That thing is gaining on us." Kai said.

"We're going as fast as we can. I'll try to make it to Scattered Canyon." Nya said.

"Probability of us making it that far is less than 8 percent." Zane informed her.

Nya snapped. "NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!"

"IT'S COMING FOR ANOTHER ATTACK! PORT SIDE." Cole shouted.

"We're losing speed. We'll drop to the ground pretty soon." Lucy exclaimed.

"Throw everything overboard." Nya ordered.

"WHAT!?"

"We need to lose some weight!"

"Port side!" Lucy called.

The Ninja begin throwing out many things including a fridge only for the Devourer to eat it all and grow exponentially.

"Man, he sure is hungry. Does anyone else think the Devourer looks bigger than it did before?" Jay asked.

"The more it consumes, the bigger it gets! DON'T THROW ANYTHING ELSE OVERBOARD!" Cole shouted but last second Kai threw Sensei's tea set off.

"Phew. We made it to Scattered Canyons. Hold on!" Nya said.

"Ah, we lost him." Cole sighed. Just after he said that, the Devourer came from the side and bit off an engine.

"Abandon ship!" Nya shouted.

They all jumped off Destiny's Bounty, the boys all made their vehicles from their Golden Weapons and Nya took the two kids on her Samurai X suit.

They landed and turned to see the Devourer devour their home.

"NO!"

And the overgrown snake slithered away.

"Unh, it's gone." Cole panted.

"Oh, that was too intense. All that action makes you so thirsty." Kai panted.

"There's no time to rest. We need to warn people before it becomes bigger." Zane said.

"Bigger? Bigger!? That thing in one big bite crushed our entire ship! We need to save as many as we can. Uh, uh, we'll find some kind of refuge, somewhere safe to hide. Ooh, the Serpentine Tombs. Yeah, they're underground. Sure, we'll be without sunlight, but they're perfect." Jay rambled erratically.

"And what? Just give up?" Cole demanded.

"You know as well as I do, we have no chance at stopping that thing!" Jay exploded.