Chapter 44 - The Road To Stiix

Lucy rode fast.

They haven't even called you. They don't care.

No. No, there's just no service...

Lucy glanced at her phone... three bars.

She shook her head and sped up. A dust cloud trailed behind her as she drove down the dirt path.

Something was very wrong with her and she had to fix it. Fast.

The ninja had made camp, Kai was sleeping and Nya had made food. She set his plate near him while the other three dug into their food. Misako and Wu were discussing the symbols some more after Misako told the conscious ninja and Nya about what the first one meant.

Nya opened her phone and scrolled on her recent calls... nearly twenty calls to Lucy, it wasn't working.

She sighed. "I hope Lucy's alright."

Jay looked up. "Oh she's fine. She proved she's easily the strongest of us all when she killed the Overlord. That was her unlocking her true potential. Imagine how strong she is now that she has it unlocked."

Cole nodded. "And back at Chen's, she took out his whole army when she unlocked her memories. She'll be fine, Nya, you don't need to worry."

Nya glared at them. "Lloyd is the strongest of your team and he's just gotten possessed! And the one person who we can guarantee could get to him is MIA and none of you are worried?!" She threw her hands up. "She hasn't responded to a single call or message. She could've been kidnapped and possessed too for all we know!"

"Doubt it. Morro doesn't care about her." Misako assured her. "Lucy wouldn't be any more helpful for him or another ghost to possess than any of the other ninja aside from her powers, which I doubt Morro even knows of or understands."

Nya sighed. How could Lucy's own mother care less than her? They all seemed to care when Lucy had died so many months ago.

Kai was woke up by a Walloper, some traveling creature, licking him. "Ugh! Ew!" He shot up. He took in his surroundings. "Misako, you got our message, and you made breakfast. Good, I'm starving." He noted the small leftovers Nya had.

"We put your plate down over there." Nya gestured vaguely, annoyed. Kai groaned when he sees his Walloper eating his food.

"As far as I knew, the tomb was only a fable, until I saw what's on the staff." Misako informed them.

"Does she know what the symbol means?" Kai asked Cole quietly.

"Not the last two yet, but get this: the first symbol means Airjitzu." Cole answered, he grinned excitedly.

"Airjitzu?"

Misako nodded. "A lost martial art created by Sensei Yang, who passed years ago. If mastered, it allows one to temporarily take flight."

Jay bounced slightly. "You hear that, Kai? We get to fly!"

"You haven't found it yet." Wu reminded them. "The Scroll of Airjitzu is well guarded in the ancient Library of Domu."

Zane spoke up. "Forgive me, but my records reveal it was recently stolen."

Jay gasped. "By who?"

"Ah, let me guess. Ronin." Cole said distastefully.

Nya looked at the noirette in confusion. "Who's Ronin?"

"Let's just say he's not a friend." Kai told her.

"But this is good news." Jay said.

Cole stared at him. "Uh, how so?"

"Aargh, 'cause if Morro doesn't know this, he'll be heading to the library."