Chapter 20 - The Dark Island

The Ninja reached the Dark Island, but are on the lookout for the Stone Army.

They were burying the Bounty, well, hiding it. With sand, rocks, and leaves.

They all heard Lucy yelp and then Lloyd stumbled as Lucy hid behind him.

"What happened?" Kai asked quickly.

"A giant eight-legged demon!" Lucy shrieked and Lloyd sighed.

"Where?"

"By my shovel." She whimpered. The other four boys didn't know what was going on but they saw Lloyd walk over to Lucy's shovel and set something on fire.

He came back over. "It's dead."

"Thank you!" She said with relief.

"What... just happened?"

"Spider." Lloyd answered. The four boys remembered back at Darkly's when the girl was frozen with fear.

"Oh."

"Wait, this whole island is swarming with Garmadon's indestructible Stone Army. And Lucy, the girl who wants to fight that whole army, got scared by a spider?" Kai said.

"I will fight every single Stone Warrior alone if I never see a spider again." Lucy said.

"Not happening." Lloyd sent her a pointed look. She giggled and rolled her eyes.

"It's wiser to avoid them, they are indestructible." Zane said.

Jay grinned. "Good thing we're Ninja and we know how to hide."

"Who wants to hide when you can fight? I'm getting tired of having our heads buried in the sand. I wanna fight these guys." Cole complained.

"Thank you!" Lucy threw her hands into the air.

"But Cole, Lucy, they have no apparent weakness. It would be unwise to start a fight we cannot finish." Zane contradicted.

"That is why we must find the Temple of Light." Sensei appeared.

They go in the Destiny's Bounty, where Misako explained the scrolls she had set out on the table.

"The scrolls say there is a hidden temple on the island. If you find it, it will give the Ninja pure elemental powers, powers that can destroy the indestructible army." She said.

"So you're saying we get to fight? Whoo-hoo! I've got happy feet!" Cole whooped.

"And you, my son, here it is written: "For once the Green Ninja finds the instrument of peace, he will strike it and know the power of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master."

"Ultimate Spinjitzu Master?" Lloyd questioned.

"It means you will be able to invoke the power of the Golden Dragon, an ancient fighting style only practiced by the First Spinjitzu Master."

Everyone looks at Lloyd, surprised. Except for Lucy who beamed proudly.

Lloyd smirked at the other boys. "Hahaha. Jealous?"

"Uh, wait a minute. This all sounds too good to be true. What's the catch?" Kai asked.

"The catch is, the Temple could be anywhere on the island, and all we have is this." Sensei gave Dr. Julian a medallion with three holes.

"A medallion. It's like a compass. When the three holes match up, the medallion will reveal where the temple is hidden." Dr. Julian said eagerly.

"Uh, how'd you know that?" Jay asked.