Chapter 13 - Pirates vs. Ninja

Lucy was sitting on the kitchen counter, swinging her legs as Lloyd punched Kai's hands—Kai was wearing oven mitts.

"Good, keep it up." Kai said.

"Ha! Fists of fury! Unh! You can't even see 'em move, I'm so fast! Ha!" Lloyd bragged.

"Save the gloating. It can only be used against you by your enemy." Kai informed him.

"Did you find that out the hard way?" Lucy asked.

"Oh be quiet." Kai turned back to Lloyd.

"Oh, please. I'm ready to face whatever you throw at me." He kicked Kai until he was thrown backward.

"Whoa, grasshopper. You're not even ready to face my pinky toe." Kai wiggled his left foot to emphasize his point. Behind Lloyd, Sensei was observing the session.

"I see the student has become the teacher." Sensei acknowledged. "You will learn fast with lessons from the four Ninja."

"Great, now that lesson is over, how about some target practice... on Kai?"

Lucy wanted to join. But she knew teaching Lloyd was priority. She was just his little sister, not that she really minded. But she did want to learn as well.

"I don't want you to be late for your next lesson with Nya." Said Sensei.

Lloyd groaned. "Aww, but when will I learn Spinjitzu?"

"Patience. It will only be unlocked when the key is ready to be found."

"Kai said they only unlocked the key after you had them master a training course? Is it per... per-serve-veer-ants?"

"Perseverance. And no, however that is a good point." Sensei told her.

Lloyd left for his lesson with Nya.

"Hey, Lucy. You know how to fight." Kai said. "Why don't you try to spar with Jay?"

The blue ninja shrugged.

"Sure." Lucy jumped off the counter.

"Just give it your best shot kid." Jay told her.

She nodded. "Ok, you go first." Never take the first move. Learn your opponent before attacking. That was something she learned from reading.

Jay lunged and Lucy avoided his attacks. It was really hard but after a bit of tiring Jay out, Lucy caught his leg and pushed upward, throwing the blue ninja off balance and onto the ground. He took advantage and managed to trip Lucy.

He won.

"Whoa, Kai's a good teacher." Cole remarked.

"I didn't teach her that." Kai said.

"I read it in a book I found back on the Bounty." Lucy admitted. "The Art of the Silent Fist. Let your opponent tire themselves out and defeat themselves."

"That is wise, it will not work for fighting Serpentine or large groups, but one on one it is a sound strategy." Said Zane.

Lucy smiled.

Later, the Ninja are looking for a proper place to train Lloyd.

"It's time we search Ninjago City for a more suitable place to train Lloyd." Said Sensei.

"Oh, but Sensei, Ninjago City is huge. It'll take us all day to find it on foot." Jay complained.

"And without our Golden Weapons, we have no Spinjitzu vehicles. How are we going to get around town?" Zane asked.