Chapter 45 - Training

Lucy threw the Tome at the ground in anger.

"Go—No!" She smacked her head with her hands. She had poured over the tome what felt like a thousand times and it said repeatedly that there was no way to stop it.

She needed help. Lloyd was always there to help her when she needed it—

He's too busy with the Ninja to care about her anymore. Why does she even bother?

No. He always made time for Lucy, she knew that.

Lucy didn't want to bother them. They didn't really care about her anymore...

She dug her hand into her pocket and pulled out her phone. Still no calls. She sighed and scrolled through her contacts. She pressed one and started to call.

"Hey? Yeah it's Lucy again. — No, sorry I'm not calling because I need help with makeup again. That would be the third time. — I need some help. And you can't tell anybody about it." She paused. "You—I'm not at Steep Wisdom. I'm in the Forest of Tranquility. — I know that's far away." She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Look, I called cause I need some help with something big but private. I don't want my brother to know about it. So will you or will you not help? It could be extremely dangerous but... you said you could handle danger to a certain extent."

Nya arrived back at Steep Wisdom with Misako and Wu.

She still hasn't been able to reach Lucy and at this point, she was about ready to give up. Well, if she didn't care about Lucy a lot she probably would've by now. Lucy was practically her little sister, she was never going to abandon her.

Maybe she should give her some time.

"Who needs to go on an epic quest when my services are best needed here?" Nya said sarcastically as they arrived.

"Nya, dear," Nya turned to Misako, "we didn't exactly hold you back to care for the shop."

Nya furrowed her eyebrows. "Really? Then why?"

Sensei sighed. "Um, there's something I haven't told you about your parents."

Nya rolled her eyes. "Ah, you can save it. Kai already told me that Chen dangled that carrot too. We looked into it and we know our father used to be a Master of Fire. Not exactly mind-shattering."

Misako smiled sadly. "But did you know your mother was the Master of Water?"

Nya stopped. Her mind froze, like a computer after being on for days and overheated. "I...I didn't know that. You mean—"

Sensei nodded. "Yes. As Kai took on the traits of your father to become a Fire Ninja, for the sake of saving Ninjago, you must train to become the Master of Water."

Nya stared at them both for a solid second before she dropped a jar and everything went black.

A few days later, Nya found herself behind Steep Wisdom at the stream with Sensei.

"Your training to become the Master of Water begins now." Sensei told her. "To become water, you must find its qualities within yourself. While earth is strong and air is fluid, water can be both, strong and fluid. Over time, it's strong enough to carve this rock. Or if I use my cup to stop its flow, it can adapt. It's flexible, shapeless. You put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Be water, Nya. On your hands!" Nya scrambled at the sudden order and goes into a handstand on a nearby rock in the middle of the stream. "Very good. Your mother would be proud."

That elicited some emotions in Nya's chest.

"I hate to break it to you, but sometimes Elemental Powers can skip a generation. Maybe you're wrong about me." Nya grunted as she held herself up. "If the ninja so desperately need my help, isn't it best if I'm Samurai X?"