Chapter 2 - The Hypnobrai

After another attempt to steal candy from Jamanakai Village, and another failure, Lloyd ordered his army to build a treehouse.

Lucy played with her stuffed animal. It was one she got from her Mom before she left the two kids at Darkly's. A little tiger by the name of Tiana.

"I miss Mittens." Lucy told Tiana. Mittens was another stuffed cat, a calico, that Lucy had. A boy at Darkly's stole it and it ended up in the river. Never to be seen again.

Lloyd looked over the rail and saw his little sister. "Lucy!" She looked at him and he waved her up.

Lucy stood and walked up the steps, she put Tiana into her hoodie pocket and joined her brother.

The next day, Lucy was sitting on a platform of a supporting tree. It was far away from the snakes but close enough that Lloyd could see her. He really only had one rule for her, be in sight. If she can't stay in sight, stay put.

Lucy waved at Lloyd when he looked up at her. He waved back then continued bossing the Serpentine around.

She laid on her back at stared at the leaves of the tree when she felt the floor creak.

She wasn't moving.

Lucy grabbed the rope and turned as the blue ninja stopped when he saw her.

"Heh, hey kid."

Lucy stared at him.

"Look, just... don't tell anyone I'm here. Ok? Please?"

Lucy backed away from him when he took a small step towards her. She looked over the edge, gauging the fall. Deeming it too far, she held onto the rope tighter and slid down it back onto the treehouse.

"Lloyd!" Lucy ran towards her brother. "Ninja—" she didn't get to finish her sentence before the supports of the treehouse was snapped and she stumbled.

"I said no Ninja! Attack!" Lloyd shouted.

"Everyone! Retreat!" A higher up Hypnobrai ordered and the rest of the tribe started running.

Lucy was holding onto the rails, hanging off the side. "Lloyd! Help!"

Lloyd turned and noticed his sister hanging from the rails. He ran over and managed to pull the smaller girl over.

"Are you ok?" She nodded shakily. He then went and went after Skales, the Hypnobrai who ordered the others to retreat. Lucy was right behind him. "Don't go. We have to protect my treehouse fortress."

"Your treehouse? It's about time we did this!" Skales stated.

"W-what?" Lloyd questioned. He used one of the many booby traps of the treehouse and both Lloyd and Lucy fell into a cage.

"Now, to get the staff!"

The Hypnobrai tied up the two kids, some left to get the staff and the others made their way back to the tomb.

They were all walking in the icy cave when Lloyd turned to Slithraa, the General. "Do something, General. You're still under my command, right?"

"Enough! I am the General! You will return my staff at once!" Slithraa ordered Skales.

Skales looked between the General and the staff in his hand. "No."

Slithraa hissed. "You dare challenge my command?!"

The Hypnobrai surrounding the two began chanting. "Slither Pit! Slither Pit! Slither Pit! Slither Pit!"

Skales smirked. "I guess we'll have to fight for it... in the Slither Pit!"

The Hypnobrai cheered as Skales and Slithraa prepare for the fight. Lucy and Lloyd were put by two iced skeletons. Lucy immediately grabbed her brother's open hand and hid behind him best she could.

"Winner gets the staff and leads the tribe! You know the rules. There are none, but in the Slither Pit, whatever I say goes. Alright, fight!"

The fight is prett fair on the first round. Neither snake got the upper hand for long.

Lloyd spotted a map. "Lucy." He hissed and she looked up. "Do you see that map?" She looked over and nodded. "Can you get it without anyone noticing?" She nodded again.

The battle changed. "Two weapons!"

The host lowered a weapons rack containing weapons made of ice. Slithraa takes a pick-axe and a shield while Skales takes two katanas. Slithraa throws the pick-axe at Skales, but Skales dodges it.

"Side winder!"

The arena is tilted and the two snakes start sliding. Lucy manages to grab the map and she gave it to Lloyd who put it in his pocket.

"Go, General! Go!" Lloyd shouted.

Slithraa tried to hypnotise Skales, but Skales kicks him to stop the hypnosis. Skales then does a move that dizzied Slithraa and then kicks him on the ground.

"He used the Fang-Kwon-Do!" Someone in the crowd gasped.

Lloyd looked worried. "Get up! Get up!"

Slithraa doesn't get up, giving the victory to Skales.

"We have a winner!"

Lucy whimpered as Skales gains a tail and General markings while Slithraa was degraded to Warrior markings and his tail is replaced with legs.

The Hypnobrai began to chant once more. "Skales! Skales! Skales! Skales! Skales! Skales! Skales! Skales!"

Skales pointed one of his weapons at Slithraa. "You will be loyal to me now!"

Slithraa nodded. "I will do as you command."

Skales turned the two kids. "You! Leave and never return!"

Their ropes were cut and they ran.

Lucy walked beside Lloyd as they entered the desert. He hadn't looked at the map yet.

They saw a ship and heard laughter from inside. Even from such a distance, they could see the ninja.

"They're having fun." Lloyd mumbled.

"So are we." Lucy decided. "Remember? We're taking over the world." She frankly didn't care for that, but Lloyd did. So she did actually care.

He smiled. "Yeah, you're right."

So?

I'm actually really happy with this. Do you like it?

I shouldn't bother you with a long Authors Note. So. I'll just end it here. Thank you for reading this though! Love you guys!

💜 ~ Bye!