Chapter 3 - The Fangpyre

Lucy whimpered. "Lloyd, this place is creepy."

They were in what was similar to a graveyard. It was dark and getting foggy. Trees around them made the weirdest creepiest shapes.

Lloyd shook his head. "It's not scary." They saw one especially creepy tree. "Um, maybe just a little, but I like scary." He said, mostly trying to convince himself. "Yeah, that's it. I'm the son of the Dark Lord. I love the dark. I eat this stuff for breakfast!"

Crows burst out of a tree making both children scream.

"Lloyd! Do we have to get these snakes? Why not a different one? Someplace less... scary." Lucy suggested.

"We're already so close. Trust me Lucy, I'm gonna make those Hypnobrai pay for betraying us. I have to find the Fangpyres. If there's anything a snake doesn't like, it's another snake." He explained.

Lucy looked at the map then back up. "Here, by the mutated tree."

Lloyd lit up. "We found it!" He grunted as he cleared the handle of dust. "Soon, the Serpentine will know who their master is, and it will be I, Lloyd Garmadon!" He laughed evilly then lightning crackled and once again, they screamed.

Lloyd shook it off and he opened the tomb. Lucy screamed as the Fanpyre General emerged.

The General had two heads. Both red in color. He was mostly red with a lot of white.

(Italics is the left/#1 head, normal is right/#2 head.)

"And who... may I say released us... from our captivity?

"Uh, Lloyd and Lucy? We released you to make the Hypnobrai pay for betraying us." Lloyd explained.

"The Hypnobrai? Those hypnotizing deceivers." They hissed. "It'll be... our pleasure."

"Oh, good. I'll lead the way. Then after that, there's some Ninja I want dealt with." Lloyd said.

"Sounds like... you know... what you want. But the Hypnobrai are strong. And we are few in numbers. We need... reinforcements!"

Lloyd cocked his head. "What did you have in mind?"

The Fanpyre Generals hissed as the rest of the Fangpyre rise from the tomb and Lloyd watched. His formerly scared expression turned into a grin as he began to laugh evilly.

Lucy walked with Lloyd into a junkyard.

"What about the owners?"

"They aren't home right now." Lloyd told her. "I already cut the phone anyways, so we don't have to worry about them calling anyone."

She nodded. They were sitting on top of a trailer. Lucy was holding Tiana in her hand but wasn't really doing anything with the stuffed tiger.

Then, the headlights of a car came closer.

Lloyd ushered her into a hiding place they formerly discussed. "Stay here, stay safe." She nodded and he went back up top with the rest of the Fangpyre.

Lucy played with a strand of her short blonde hair while Tiana sat in her lap.

"Home, sweet home. And back to the grind." Lucy heard an older man saw. She could see but it sounded like an old guy.

"Oh, sweetie. You've been working on that thing day and night." This was an old woman, meaning they were probably a couple.

"Well, you never know when Jay may show up." The old man chuckled.