Chapter 4

You and Tanjiro found Urokodaki outside, he finished burying the bodies of the people who got killed.

"I am Sakonji Urokodaki, I'm assuming you're the one Giyuu Tomioka sent my way." Urokodaki stated as you looked confused. "Yes! My name is Tanjiro Kamado. My sister's name is Nezuko and..." Tanjiro was cut off by Urokodaki as he faced the two of you.

"(Y/N), Tanjiro," Urokodaki began as you waited for what he is about to say. "What will you two do when your friend and sister devours a human?" He asked as yours and Tanjiro's eyes widened.
"Douma-kun would never eat a human! I know he wouldn't even dare to hurt one either!" you determinedly reply as you gave him a serious look. Urokodaki nodded at your statement as he waited for Tanjiro's answer but there was none. Your eyes widened when Urokodaki slapped Tanjiro in the face. Tanjiro was shocked as he touched the spot where he was slapped.

"Too slow! You're just too slow at making decisions!" Urokodaki exclaimed. "You failed to finish off that demon before daybreak!" he added. 'Then, the demon died from the sun?' you thought as you looked at tree were the demon used to be only to notice that it was gone. Tanjiro's axe was the only thing there and the demon was nowhere in sight.

"Do you know why you couldn't answer my question right away? It's because your resolve is too weak!" Urokodaki said. "There are two things to do if your friend and sister devours a human." Urokodaki warned as he looked at you both. "Kill them and slit your own belly and die! That's what it means to travel with them when they turned into demons." you and Tanjiro shivered at the thought of that as you both listened intently.

"But that must never happen no matter what. And you two best not forget. Your sister and your friend, taking the life of an innocent person. That's the one thing that must never happen. Ever! Do you two understand what I'm saying?" Urokodaki asked. "Yes!" You and Tanjiro exclaimed simultaneously.

"All right, now I'm going to test you two to see if you're both fit to become a member of the Demon Slayer Corps. Carry your friend and sister on your back and follow me." Urokodaki stated as you and Tanjiro quickly went back inside the temple.

You and Tanjiro panted as you two continued to follow Urokodaki. 'He's so fast, I don't hear any footsteps coming from him at all!' you thought. You began to worry about Douma when the basket on your back swayed a lot. 'I'm sorry about the shaking Douma-kun but please hold on for a while. I'll let you out when there's no sun.' you silently apologized. 'You've been isolated your whole life before I even met you, wanting to know about the outside world. I'm not going to let that happen again.' you remembered when Douma wasn't knowledgeable about emotions. He always wore a smile for his followers but if you noticed his eyes they were always dull like a doll.

Flashback

Your grandmother always visits the Eternal Paradise temple. After she passed away, your family decided to visit the temple she always talks about and pay your respects. Your grandmother always talks about the cult's leader and how he is a messenger of God and he will guide his followers to paradise. When you and your family visited, you were shocked when you found out their leader was a young child.

It was a young boy with short blonde hair. He wore his uniform with a hat placed on top of his head. His eyes were a rainbow color as he gave you all a smile. You noticed the smile was forced and it looked fake, you narrowed your eyes and saw his eyes were dull as he continued to smile at his followers.

Timeskip

Your family was about to head home when your little sister began to cry. "Akira what's wrong?" you asked as you wiped some of her tears away. "The snowflake hairpin you gave me is missing! It's not on my hair anymore!" Akira exclaimed as you patted her head. "It's alright Akira, we can go buy a new one instead--" "No! Nee-san that was your special hairpin and you gave it to me. There may be other hairpins but the one you gave me is more special than the rest." Akira cut you off as she hugged your legs. You let out a sigh and gave her a smile. "All right, I'll try and look for the hairpin. Maybe it fell off when we were inside the temple. You should go on ahead, I'll be back with the hairpin." you exclaimed as you went back to the temple.