Chapter 58

You shakily stood up as you also prepared your blade. "Can you move?" Kokushibo asked as he glanced at you. "Yeah. I can still hold the poison for a little longer." you replied with a reassuring smile.

"Tell me, Upper Moon 1. Why are you protecting that human?" Dokubu asked as Kokushibo didn't reply. "I don't know you." Kokushibo stated as you looked at him in disbelief.

An irk mark appeared on Dokubu's face as she looked at Kokushibo. "I'm the new Upper Moon 2! Dokubu! Why do you not know?!" Dokubu exclaimed, annoyance in her face.

"I don't care." Kokushibo replied as you mentally facepalmed at your older brother. "Whatever. Let's just get this over with." Dokubu said as you saw the snake, Asmodeus, head towards you and Kokushibo.

"Moon Breathing. First form: Dark Moon - Evening Palace." Kokushibo said as he delivered a vertical slash towards the snake. You saw numerous crescent blades appear from his slash as you stared in awe.

You quickly shook your head and focused on the battle. 'Now's not the time to be amazed. The enemy is still there.' you scolded yourself as you watched the snake fell to the ground, a pool of its own blood forming around it. Your eyes widened in surprise when you saw the blood melting the ground.

'It melted the ground? It's like acid, we have to be careful.' you thought as you watched the snake's body shaking as it regenerated and multiplied itself into two. 'Shoot. They multiplied.' you thought as you blocked one of the snake's fangs that was aimed towards your head.

You pushed back the snake and moved away. You turned to see Kokushibo slicing the snake in half again. "Michi-nii! Don't slice it! It can regenerate and multiply!" you yelled as you saw Kokushibo turn to look at you.

Your eyes widened in shock when a snake ate Kokushibo whole. You heard laughter as you looked at Dokubu who was laughing hysterically while clutching her stomach.

"Oh my! What a sight!" Dokubu exclaimed as she wiped away a tear and calming down her laughter.

"Ahh~ where were we? Oh right. I was about to finish you off." Dokubu said as her daggers appeared around her. "Hm~ let's finish this with one blow, shall we~?" Dokubu asked as you narrowed your eyes at her.

You took a stance and let out a deep breath. "I'll take that as a yes. Alrighty then~ I'll make the daggers more poisonous than before~" Dokubu exclaimed as you saw the daggers began to glow a light purple shade.

'I have to finish her off and maybe the snake would also disappear. I have to help Michi-nii.' you thought as your eyes glanced at the daggers floating around.

You saw ice coming out of your blade as a trail began to appear. You noticed some snowflakes showing on some of the daggers and then at Dokubu's neck. 'A pattern!' you thought as you tightly held the blade in your hand.

Dokubu sent out her daggers towards you as you started to advance towards her. 'Calm down. Breathe. Focus.' you told yourself as you felt a stinging pain in your thigh and shoulder. 'Ice Breathing. Sixth form: Cold Judgment.' you thought as your blade emitted a cold aura.

You struck down the daggers that were aimed towards your vital spots and appeared behind Dokubu in lightning speed as you swiftly sliced of her neck.

You reappeared back to your spot earlier as you took heavy breaths. You groaned in pain as you removed the daggers that were embedded in you.

"Huh? What was that attack? I didn't even feel anythi--." Dokubu was cut off when she coughed out blood. "My body feels cold..." Dokubu muttered out as she fell to her knees, her head falling off her body.